Less than 5 years
Posted 166 days ago
GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The CARE Program Manager will provide logistical and administrative support for the investigators on this program. They will serve as a program manager, working on systems improvement and program development, and will assist in the recruitment of individuals to MGH clinical research programs.
The Program Manager will help ensure smooth communication and follow-up among all staff working with prospective clinical trial participants.
They will organize meetings of program staff and communicate with research nurses, physicians, clinical research assistants, social workers, patient navigators, and foundations.
In addition, this position will develop appropriate databases for tracking financial and administrative information, assist professional staff in the dissemination of research and operational efforts through presentations and written material, and will work with the CARE Director to develop grantwriting materials.
The position requires strong leadership and program development skills. While this is not a clinical position, it requires knowledge of and/or the ability to learn basic clinical concepts and an understanding of how and when to communicate with both clinical and research staff.
The Program Manager position requires the ability to be self-directing, outgoing, professional, and organized and to work as an advocate with people from many different cultures and backgrounds. Employment is contingent on continued research funding availability.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Relevant activities include, but are not limited to the following:
Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the CARE Research Center, which includes:
· Work on systems improvement aspects of the program – including improvements from the IT side, creating/maintaining a participant database, and other efficiency improvements
· Work with Institutional Review Board on any research stemming from the program
· Strengthen systems of provider/navigator communication and feedback
· Oversee the data tracking and outcome reporting requirements for the program
· Work with CARE Director, MGH Development, and funding agencies to craft future funding proposals
· Be involved in procurement and development of health education and community outreach materials
· Produce mid-year and year-end reports on program activities, compiling data from databases and writing up case examples
· Support CARE center staff
· Oversee training schedule for CARE programming activities
· Coordinate and participate in regular team meetings
· Troubleshoot staffing challenges as they arise
· Develop new programmatic opportunities in the greater Boston community
· Manage and track program expenses and budget monitoring
· Recruit and orient CARE Center Roundtable participants
· Work with CARE Center staff to coordinate, execute, and evaluate a digital and social media strategy
Additional activities include:
· Community outreach (10% minimum) with a focus that includes, but is not limited to, improving community knowledge around health and barriers to care, and fostering the engagement of diverse communities in clinical trials through CARE’s standing cohort
· Liaise with other centers at MGH as well as outside institutions to improve the participation of underrepresented groups in clinical trials
· Allotted time (5%) for translation consultancy with investigators, institutions and actors associated with MGH
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
EEO Statement Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged