Responsible for the development, tracking and execution of detailed project plans and related activities to business transformation, process improvement and productivity enhancement as part of a program. The Program Manager works cross-functionally, providing direction and support to the Apotex Leaders globally while ensuring alignment with the business strategies and meeting industry compliance requirements.
- Execute activities and responsible for key process transfer project deliverables, for example, process documentation, project planning, SLA definition, transition management and cost tracking.
- Understand time-sensitive nature of each project by minimizing or eliminating delays within the critical path. Working with the relevant functional areas to manage and document issues within the program risk plan and register.
- Help, delegate or empower others to design optimal business process workflows and identify the most appropriate process owner. Identify tasks that need to be separated or combine leading to an efficient workflow.
- Work on process simplification to reduce cost and waste. Use tools and techniques leading to standardization and harmonization of processes by removing work variance where possible.
- Responsible for supporting and/or leading BT projects and programs, with direction or support from superiors as required.
- Understand and communicate departmental project objectives, translating them into group/project objectives and performance goals, as required.
- Work with the functional management and leadership teams to apply problem solving techniques, identify root causes and determine an appropriate action plan.
- Perform all work in accordance with all established regulatory compliance and safety requirements.
- Perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance and Passion. Demonstrate strong and visible support of our values.
- Work as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Able to reliably deliver assigned work and projects on time and budget.
- Provide accurate and complete documentation of processes and procedures.
- Must be flexible towards working hours and available for travel, if needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Information Systems, Sciences, Business Administration Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years combined experience in Pharmaceutical/Process Industry, Consumer Packaged Goods, Information Systems, Project Management or Management Consulting Environment.
- Project Management and/or, Six-Sigma and/or, Business Analyst and/or Consulting Experience is an asset.
- Facilitation skills and experience is an asset.
- Business process analysis and experience is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational change management are assets.
Personal Skill Profile:
- High degree of commitment with demonstrated ability for continuous learning and improvement.
- Advanced, concise and clear written and verbal communication skills in a variety of settings and styles.
- Excellent listening skills with ability to follow instructions and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, make decisions, solve and trouble shoot problems based on analysis, experience and judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate original concepts and to provide potential solutions to business/technical problems.
- Proven ability to function in a fast paced and continuously changing environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities to accomplish objectives and goals anticipating and adjusting for problems and interruptions/roadblocks.
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere under difficult circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good presentation skills in a variety of settings with business or technical users in small and large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently produce work of high quality.
- Proficient in use of office automation tools including: Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Outlook and others as may be established and required in the future.