The Program Manager is responsible for managing program level efforts which can encompass many projects. The management includes communication to all key stakeholders, risk management, resource management, change management, budget management, scope management, and schedule management.
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsor to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies.
- Develops and controls the program budget, and manages expenditure within approved funding requests
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
- Leads reviews with executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and/or changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications and reporting.
- Leads the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
- Makes recommendations as to the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Supports and facilitates agenda setting for program committee/board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience as a Project, Program or Portfolio Manager
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the program objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment with the business strategy.
- PMP Certification in good standing
- Highly empathetic and able to vary styles of interaction to match the needs of a variety of temperaments and personalities.
- Effective influencing and negotiation experience and skills in an environment with high competition for resources.
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver against financial and resource constraints.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, such as Microsoft Project and Project Server, with evidence of practical application.
- Strong financial skills including forecasting and budget development