Duties & ResponsibilitiesThe AFC 2.0 Program Manager will be the senior executive accountable for the on-schedule delivery of the AFC 2.0 program. She/He will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of professionals in the successful delivery of the program including oversight and management of the program office staff and consultant team and other MBTA staff assigned to AFC 2.0 as part of the integrated program team.
- Overseeing the Systems Integrator to ensure that their contract scope, schedule and technical requirements are met and support the delivery of the AFC 2.0 program within the defined timeframe for implementation.
- Directing day-to-day AFC 2.0 program operations across a spectrum of specific disciplines including design, permitting, technology implementation, policy and legislative change, operations interface, contract management, fiscal management, safety, testing and commissioning.
- Recruitment and retention of staff and consultants across multiple disciplines to resource the program office.
- Managing and ensuring policies and procedures are developed and in place to guide the Systems Integrator, Design-Build Entity, and AFC 2.0 program staff and consultants, working closely with the Capital Delivery department to align policies and procedures for all design and construction activities.
- Managing and ensuring program and project control systems to manage costs and schedule performance are in place and are used to proactively identify potential project issues before they impact project cost or schedule.
- Ensuring that document controls and record keeping system requirements are consistently being followed.
- Managing and addressing contractual issues of any party involved in the AFC 2.0 program, including by coordinating with the General Counsel.
- Reviewing, negotiating and approving project change orders, amendments, change requests, and delay claims, including by coordinating with the Procurement & Logistics department and Capital Delivery department.
- Assisting with the development of new or revised operating rules, special orders, and fare policies as required.
- Managing implementation of required network communications infrastructure upgrades.
- Amending interoperability agreements with regional transit authorities as needed.
- Coordinating with MBTA departments throughout the AFC 2.0 program delivery to ensure a seamless handover of the completed program.
- Reporting regularly on project status in a format that can be used both internally and externally.
- Overseeing all aspects of public communication, outreach and engagement with stakeholders including local, state and private partners for the Program.
- Making regular presentations on project status and performance to the MBTA Fiscal and Management Control Board. Progress reports will include schedule and budget updates and timely identification and explanation of issues requiring action by the General Manager or the Board with sufficient information for informed decision making.
- Such other duties and responsibilities associated with management of the AFC 2.0 program or assigned by the Chief Technology Officer.
- Manages workforce by ensuring the fair and consistent application and strict adherence to the rules, regulations, collective bargaining agreements (if applicable) and policies of the Authority including the EEO, Anti-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment and Anti-Retaliation.
- Upholds the rights and interests of the Authority while building and maintaining an effective relationship with employees.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned.
This position is a project specific position and is limited to the term of the project. Employment beyond the project is left to the discretion of the MBTA at the completion of the project.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in leading and managing capital programs and projects in the public and/or private sectors.
- Six (6) years of experience overseeing a public-private partnership contracting arrangement (with private financing).
- Demonstrated success as the senior responsible leader in charge of delivering a major program or a project at a similar scale.
- Demonstrated experience with leading and managing multi-million dollar construction programs in the public or private sector.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with local and state government, private partners, and governance boards.
- Demonstrated success in leading large, complex organizations.
- Strong communication skill.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with press and public media.
- Ability to pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, background screening, and the MBTA's medical requirements, including a physical examination and drug and alcohol screening.
- Possession of a valid driver's license without infractions in accordance with MBTA policy.
- Have a satisfactory work record for the two (2) years immediately prior to the closing date of this posting, including overall employment, job performance, discipline, and safety records (infractions and/or offenses occurring after the closing of the posting and before the filling of a vacancy may preclude a candidate from consideration for selection).
- Experience in a transit setting.
- Masters in Civil Engineering or related field preferred.
- Certified Construction Manager or Program Management Professional certification preferred.