This is a program management position focusing on portfolio management, project execution, and process development. Developing technologies and implementation strategies for introducing new technologies into Bobcat products and business models may include:
- new business models,
- new product features, or
- the introduction of new technologies,
New Product Development requires detailed technical project management skills. The program manager must assure that the end-product meets the specific requirements laid out at the beginning of the project. This overall task requires the program manager to provide careful guidance and direction for strategic project coordination, NPD process execution and technical detail issues.
The position will interface at all levels and works cross functionally, throughout the organization.
The position is not responsible for direct reports.
Role & Responsibility
- Working cross functionally on product and process development as well as implementation strategies.
- Communicate project gap analysis, product/project cost, margin analysis and resource needs within project teams, management, and executive stakeholders.
- Identify and manage resource requirements, timing and budgetary aspects of a program portfolio.
- Coordinate planned and miscellaneous reporting requests specific to the project, program, or portfolio.
- Prepare and distribute Risk Assessment documentation.
- Distribute monthly reporting packages.
- Develop and monitor project finance, quality, customer, and schedule objectives.
- Develop and maintain meeting schedules, program review dates, Annual Operating Plan / Long Range Plan requirements, training, etc.
- Maintain project schedules, project gap analysis, product/project cost, margin analysis and resource needs.
- Maintain key project information within a portfolio management system including: project financial data, project schedules, resource plans and other relevant project information.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in engineering, business administration, marketing, finance, or related field.
- Experience Required: 5>7?years
- Travel Required: 25>50%
- Project Management Certification preferred.
- Work History:
- A diverse work history including experience working in product or process development teams.
- Experience developing and implementing new process, products, features, or technologies.
- Experience working with customers to identify unmet customer needs and developing plans to satisfy those needs.
- Project management experience including critical path analysis, project milestone management, and resource management with project management tools.
- Strong communication skills.?
- Record of success in previous leadership positions.
- Previous experience in team development activities.
- Computer skills: Proficient in the Microsoft Suite of applications.