- Leads and is responsible for all contract requirement deliverables, to include all design, testing, installation and training elements of the program and/or order/project.
- Experience with development of a PM plan, defining scope, planning, developing cost and risk plans, procurement, manufacturing, performing QC, testing, delivering product according to customer defined schedule of deliveries, and working the program through final payment.
- Develops and manages process for issues identification and resolution. Appropriately escalates unresolved issues in accordance with the Smiths governance model.
- Conducts risk assessment of program deliverables based on impact and probability, and takes action to mediate risk. Appropriately escalates risks in accordance with governance model.
- Monitors program readiness for achieving deliverables, and makes necessary adjustments to achieve deliverables are compliant, on time and within budget.
- Assists Business Development, Sales and Product Development activities by conducting feasibility analyses of potential programs.
- Analyzes and responds to Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ) and Requests for Information (RFI) in accordance with Smiths criteria for program acceptance and rejection.
- Identifies business development and value added sales opportunities related to programs, supports product management efforts to manage the lifecycle of products and/or services including improvements, enhancement and obsolescence, and supports negotiations with customers.
- Reports program status to all stakeholders prepares and presents periodic status reports and monthly Program Management Reviews with the Executive Leadership Team.
- Benchmark program management approaches and developments with external customers and promote best practice with other Smiths colleagues.
- Create effective business communication encompassing technical proposals for customer requirements, business briefings and presentations.
- Training and coaching direct reports and other Smiths colleagues where appropriate.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Complying with and promoting all relevant legal requirements & Smiths policies and procedures, including business ethics, data protection and health & safety
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- · BS or BA degree in related technology or business management.
- · PMP accreditation preferred.
- Experience: Requires 7 or more years’ program / project management experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a must
- Experience managing a cross-functional team indirectly.
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering environments.
- Understanding of global business and US specific government business.
- Ability to implement, lead, and direct program team in use of company or industry standards for program management & related processes.
- Experience in obtaining various permits, licenses, and certifications, etc for contract requirements.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
- Previous experience in hardware programs, ordering materials, delivery of equipment.