Job ID R-301317
Job Description Summary
The Program Manager is responsible for leading and motivating cross-functional and global teams to define, develop and implement product and process changes for high volume, disposable medical devices. In this role, the Program Manager will be required to define project architecture and drive successful project execution globally. The Program Manager will also effectively develop, organize, and motivate a highly skilled cross-functional team, leading and driving programs to ensure successful commercial implementation. Additional requirements of this position include planning, structuring, and delivering presentations and progress reports to senior leadership.
- Project Leadership: Create and actively manage timeline, scope, budget, and resource allocation within the project team. Develop objectives for each functional area (QA, Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, R&D and Manufacturing), synthesize functional plans, and identify critical interdependencies. Demonstrate superior judgment and timely decision making. Ability to balance competing priorities and manage ambiguity. Ability to lead and drive the identification, validation, and mitigation planning of all project risks, including technical , schedule , business, and resource, based on thorough understanding of the technical and business content of the integrated project plan and work breakdown structure.
- Budgeting: Develop and manage program budget. Deep understanding of the application of financial and business acumen, analysis, judgment and decision making in the management of project and related responsibilities, including cash flow
- Resourcing: Participate in selection and development of best talent. Effectively organize, lead, direct work and motivate a highly skilled, cross functional team.
- Technology Transfer: Implement efficient and effective transition from research to development to global high volume manufacturing sites.
- Partnership: Establish and maintain strong collaborative partnership with other BD R&D organizations, academic institutions and external partners, as appropriate, in order to leverage best-in-class methods and capabilities.
- Process Effectiveness: Utilization of the scientific method to identify problems or potential risks and deliver quick, effective solutions to enable project to meet the timing and deliverables.
- BS degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or a closely related engineeringdegreerequired)
- An advanced degree in an engineering discipline or MBA is expected. Ph.D. is preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in project management, and/or process and product development and design.
- Experience planning multiple work-streams, identifying risk, and implementing action plans to optimize time lines and reduce execution risk.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Advanced technical and business judgment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- Strong skills in project planning and leadership.
- Must be able to communicate strategies and complex technical concepts and needs to leadership, suppliers, customers and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multidisciplinary teams and create external partnerships.
- Strong understanding of disciplined product development processes, regulatory, and quality requirements.
- Strong fit with BD values.