Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle's work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
The Program Manager position will be supporting our large TSA program work. This includes a matrixed program structure which will require coordination of project members, subcontractor support staff, and support across business lines. This includes task or project plan development and the implementation and management of task or project cost, schedule and performance, and meeting client expectations.
- Defines task or project requirements. Develops and/or refines the Work Breakdown Structure to a level sufficient to identify all the work required for task or project completion. Compiles task or project cost and schedule data and calculates cost estimates.
- Manages cost, schedule and performance. Assesses the task or project impact of scope, schedule and budget change requests and takes requisite action. Ensures that the task or project is maintained within the scope, budget and schedule of the baseline agreement using tools such as Earned Value Management. Assigns work to task or project team members. Assesses team and makes changes as required.
- Builds client relationships to sustain and expand business opportunities. Stays informed of the customer's business plans and priorities. May provide sales support to the business development function.
- Collaborates with the Business Development staff to establish overall proposal strategies and themes. Contributes to proposal efforts by drafting language that describes the problem to be solved, the proposed approach to solving the problem and the benefits to the client of using this approach.
- Has a working knowledge of contractual issues relative to the task or project being managed relevant to scope of the work and scheduling and subcontracts.
- Prepares and presents presentations to internal management and to external customers to provide reviews and updates on technical aspects, cost, and schedule.
- Has an understanding of risk management fundamentals and terminology. Applies processes and procedures to identify, analyze, classify and prioritize and manage task or project risks.
- Applies safety standards and procedures to complete safety checks. Verifies compliance with the safety plans of a task or project. Is knowledgeable regarding Product Line regulations and policies on workplace safety, and actively incorporates safe workplace practices into task or project work.
- Stays abreast of Project Management best practices. Knows, understands and applies the Battelle processes and procedures. Understands and implements relevant Quality Systems and applicable industry regulations. Maintains a working knowledge of and ensures compliance with applicable government and industry regulations.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in Engineering or Science with a minimum of 10 years of experience and 1-3 years of project management experience for programs of $2M-$3M.
- Candidates must have at least 8 years of experience in leading technical project teams under government programs
- Candidates must have sufficient communication skills to effectively interact with with client organizations, subcontractors, consultants and staff.
- Capable of traveling up to 25%.
- Sole US Citizenship with eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain both TSA and DHS Suitability.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Certified Program Management Professional (PMP) and maintain these credentials
- Masters degree in technical field or business with over 5 years of relevant experience