Responsible for programs/projects specific to corporate change initiatives that have significant impact on how the company does business, provides a product or service, or executes a function. Project responsibility requires responsibility for staff and budget. Serves as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives. Communicates, influences and negotiates both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control. Ensures clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles. Integrates knowledge of end-to-end business process into program planning and decisioning processes. Develop, maintain, and report on an overall integrated delivery plan. Management experience with small to mid-size teams. Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong business centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes. Typically 5+ plus years of program management experience.
The Chief Technology Organization:
• Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
• Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
• Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
• Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
• Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Description:
The Technology Currency Program is an Enterprise Program that will reshape how Bank of America proactively drives technology lifecycle management. The program will drive a shift in focus from Not Permitted Technology Remediation to proactive and strategic management of technology to maintain the currency of the environment. The program will include the following 4 workstreams:
Technology Roadmaps and Planning – Improve roadmap visibility and coordination Currency Reporting and Communication – Improve reporting processes and outputs for greater accuracy, visibility and actionable outcomes Drive the Behavior – Align incentive and consequence models in conjunction with governance and operating model to improve lifecycle behaviors Migrate to a modern technology stack – set targets and drive migration to a decoupled and automated technology stack that simplifies currency management
Responsible for end-to-end management and delivery of a highly complex material change project across multiple departments within a single business unit. Manages, leads and directs the work efforts of resources that may be functionally aligned as part of the project and/or organizationally aligned as direct reports. Responsible for the end-to-end integration of various work streams in order to deliver the intended project solution. Responsibilities include: Manage Project Scope, Timeline and Budget/Expenses; Obtain and align resources to key project roles; establish clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities; Oversight/Manage/Lead project execution, integration and implementation; Risk Management and Mitigation Planning; Readiness/Change Adoption/Stakeholder Management; Quality Assurance, ensure that all applicable change requirements are satisfied; Acts as the primary point of contact and integration for the project.
- Results-oriented leader who can develop and manage relationships across the
technology based on trust, teamwork and knowledge
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Intellectually curious - able to proactively analyze information and follow through on
potential issue to root cause and solution
- Ability to work across organizations to deliver results
- Strong business, financial, technology and project management acumen
- Proven ability to resolve project issues and mitigate project risk by negotiating
solutions that meet expected results
- Data analysis skills and ability create executive quality materials within tight
timeframes with limited direction from management
- Strong executive presence; Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills at an executive level
- Experience with Project Management methodology, Enterprise Change Standards
for Programs and projects SDLC, Waterfall, Agile (PPRT management, deliverables
and tollgates for both programs and projects)
- Proficient with standard tools such as PPRT, MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel,
CAPPM, Discovery, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to connect dots and articulate clear and concise status and action plans to
resolve issues and risks and at the right level of detail for the audience
- Ability to confidently lead meetings and discussions to drive program and project
deliverables and resolve issues and challenges
- Skilled at managing scope, schedule (WBS), TARs, risks, issues and
interdependencies impacting the program/project and develops sound mitigation and
-'8-10+ years Project Management experience in an Enterprise environment
- 5-7 years technology/infrastructure experience
- Data Analytics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Lifecycle Management
- ITIL or PMP Certified
Valid Through: 2019-11-12