This role is responsible for supporting Program and Portfolio PMO functions, currently reporting to the Head of Project Management Organization.
The focus will be set on establishing cross-program strategies to optimize department resources and external partnerships as well as implementing best practices and standards for program management and resource planning and utilization within New Avon.
What is the position?
The individual will be tasked with managing a large scale high-visibility New Digital Platform program, implementing best practices through close collaboration with business and cross-functional departments leaders as well as to streamline the execution processes, reduce risks, improve on time delivery and meet quality and profit objectives of a Program.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively lead, develop & implement programs related to Digitalportfolio including execution governance, scope and risks management processes, metrics creation and management as well as drive best practices. He or she will have a knowledge and experience with Technical Project Management, Vendor Management, poses a business acumen and best practices in Digital program delivery.
- Support PMO management in managing program planning, lead program execution.
- Generate and monitor metrics for Programs. Populate reports to inform decisions that maximize returns across enterprise projects and programs.
- Work with business unit leaders to manage Program resources and ensure proper allocation and utilization.
- Constantly look for improvement of processes and tools in order to further evolve program management methodologies to ensure process and program delivery quality and scalability.
- Actively champion PMO best practices to drive better project planning, execution, project prioritization and change management within the organization.
- Support PMO in implementation and maintenance of project management and program and portfolio policies, standards, procedures.
- Negotiate Program expectations and ensures results are achieved
- Maintain and forecast program budgets when applicable
- Execute on strategy and standard practices for PMO Program Management
- Identifying, track, and communicate key metrics of the program
- Generate reports for all levels of organization, including Leadership Team, in order to create needed visibility into Program key metrics, such as program execution progress and health.
- Work with the business stakeholders to define the overall program goals and scope
- Develop program plans and estimates
- Determine needed program deliverables, macro approach, program profile, responsible teams, overall program schedule/timeline, critical path by deliverable, productivity improvements, overall risks and planning assumptions
- Drive/evaluate estimates by deliverable and work with project teams/vendors to optimize program related deliverables
- Manage program critical path, related inter-project dependencies, program dependencies risks and issues
- Understand the fundamental solution being developed/deployed - its business value, roadmap, how it fits with the overall strategy or business operations, risks, etc.
- Take the lead and responsibility for end-to-end program solution delivery, ensuring timely delivery of high quality project deliverables through effective team communications and focus on quality
- Drive standard process, governance, and continuous process improvements across the division to improve the Program Management consistency and processes.
Who are you and what leads to success?
- Bachelor's degree
- Project Management and PMO experience of 10+ years
- Program Management of 5+ years
- PMP certification required
- Technology background, Digital acumen and e-commerceexperience
- Agile familiarity is a plus
- Metric creation and reporting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership ability
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal, and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Proficient project management software knowledge to manage projects (e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools)
Bachelors or better.