Program Manager (Automobile / Vehicle Industry Experience)
The Proterra Story
Communities are growing and evolving, and with that, our transportation needs are changing. Now more than ever, we need smart solutions that provide safer, more reliable and cleaner transit. Every day, Proterra works to meet those needs, with the world's best-performing zero-emission buses. Our revolutionary battery-electric buses help fleet operators abandon fossil fuels, improve environmental quality and reduce operating costs. Join the Proterra Revolution.
Proterra is seeking a sharp, fast paced Program Manager. This person will coordinate all aspects of the programs for timing, quality and cost. The role requires maintaining and adjusting program schedule to help identify and resolve any issues as they arise during the program development, engineering validation, supplier selection, NPI transition, manufacturing, and field service.
The Program Manager will leverage his/her experience to understand existing processes in Proterra and improve upon them to help us transition to high-volume, mainstream transit organization. An ideal candidate would build strong relationships and work effortlessly across multiple engineering departments such as manufacturing, supplier quality, service, and finance as well as rest of the program management teams.
- Work with management and design engineering to identify key projects, define their success criteria and drive the projects to closure
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Assess program performance and aim to maximize ROI
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Pull together engineering and cross functional teams to drive alignment and closure to engineering projects
- Track maturity of engineering parts, tooling kick-offs, part manufacturing process improvements as parts transition from development to volume production
- Work with engineering to scope out project effort, duration and cost and help prioritize projects based on their returns
- Support program build cycles from early prototype builds to volume production builds
- Work with NPI and manufacturing to help transition projects from engineering completion to production cut-in
- Develop online tools to help drive tracking consistency between the cross functional teams
- BS/MS in engineering or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- 2+ years of experience in program management proven by successful product launch(s)
- Ability to plan effectively for both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop timing plans for complex programs, understanding of financial evaluations and product costing techniques
- Ability to recognize and manage risk of design with intelligent solutions
- Good understanding of BOM management, tracking changes to parts, tools
Proterra is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all Employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law or ordinance. Proterra does not permit or tolerate unlawful discrimination against applicants or Employees.