Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create and lead cross functional teams to implement projects from initial concept to successful commercialization following Amcor’s standard stage/gate process focusing on speed to market, development efficiency, cost, quality and on time delivery.
- Work with cross function leadership to successfully commercialize new products, support light-weighting initiatives, raw material changes/developments, modifications to existing products and new production platforms.
- Manage projects including new production platforms, brand new commercial concepts, light-weight initiatives, tooling moves through the plant network, modifications to existing products and supporting product qualification and testing.
- Leads the formulation of complex plan and project solutions for projects with large, diverse scope, with constant change in customer requirements and decreased timeline.
- Support strategic projects including plant moves, integration and new technologies or materials.
- Manage 15-30 individual qualification projects at once. These will range from small to large working with general objectives, multiple and complex variables with limited or no guidelines.
- Anticipate and identify risk and develop mitigation plans with cross functional team.
- Communicate and resolve technical, timing and budgetary issues related to projects as they arise and publishes regular status reports outlining project status, risks and issues.
- Create and maintain program charter for commercialized projects including scope, timeline and team action registers.
- Lead and support continuous improvement activity in relation to on time and high quality launches
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Technical or Engineering related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in in engineering and manufacturing with 3 years project management experience, experience in plastics preferred
- Proven experience managing complex projects and multiple resources
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate technical, operational and financial information while coordinating resources to complete projects within scope
- Proven ability to communicate, influence others and manage multiple resources
- Strong financial, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with SPC, MS Office, SharePoint, MS Project, SAP and Windchill preferred