Akima seeks to hire a Senior Proposal Manager. This position reports directly to Akima's Senior Director of Corporate Development. The Senior Proposal Manager will have the responsibility of coordinating all phases of the company's proposal process in response to industry requests for proposals. The ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through will be the keys to success. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the activities involved in the development of major proposals for Akima. The candidate will coordinate with internal capability teams to define technical approaches and solutions for inclusion in various proposal volumes. They will contribute to the development of proposal strategies and content.
- Responsible for the overall management, oversight and tracking of all activities relevant to the development, production and revision of assigned large, strategic proposals.
- Analyze the government solicitation and identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation.
- Develops and maintains the proposal development schedule, outline, and compliance matrix.
- Drives the proposal process and leads critical milestones including storyboards, color reviews, and content development discussions, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Manages technical volumes & sections, including technical & management approaches, personnel & staffing approaches, past performance & corporate experience.
- Coordinates all production aspects (word processing, graphics, editing, proofreading, reproduction, printing, collation, and binding) in support of proposal activities.
- Manages the virtual proposal development environment.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management; prepares, presents, conducts, and participates in reviews at all stages in the proposal.
- Responsible for providing direction, training, and performance evaluation of personnel assigned to support proposal effort.
- Directs and engages key personnel in all proposal review activities and ensures compliance with all corporate and legal requirements.
- Acts as the single point of contact between operational, proposal and production staff relative to all proposal development and production matters.
- Responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, and stringent deadlines to accomplish tasks for client deadlines.
- Office environment. Some travel (10%) may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum ten (10) years in Federal Government proposal development, a minimum of 5 years in a proposal management role.
- Must have experience working in the proposal process and developing storyboards, mock-ups, proposal outlines, and compliance matrices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Highly organized, team-oriented, enthusiastic, independent thinker, and collaborative.
- Outstanding written and oral communication are critical.
- Experience leading proposal teams in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting critical business development activities.
- Proven successful experience editing, writing, and managing responses to federal RFPs of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Shipley certification