What We're Looking For
The time is right to join HNTB! We are currently seeking a Program Manager - Airport Terminals at our JFK Airport Project office location. Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support of the project's profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB's 4 for 4 (Consistent delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction on every project) performance. Responsible for gross revenue of $10M-30M.
Reporting to the JFK International Airport Redevelopment Program Program Director, the Terminal Program Manager will provide leadership, organizational effectiveness and contract control over terminal developments on behalf of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ). The Terminal Program Manager will be responsible for overseeing and driving the successful planning, design, construction and activation of the contract deliverables and obligations under the lease agreements. Specific responsibilities include:
- Negotiating scopes, schedules and budgets
- Managing JFK Redevelopment staff as well as other consultants and contractors
- Coordinating with various PANYNJ departments, key stakeholders and program participants
- Assessing leading key performance indicators, reporting on progress and driving on-time delivery
- Preparing, submitting and presenting scheduled and ad hoc reports to program leadership and PANYNJ executive oversight as required
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- PE or AICP preferred
- Min 15 years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design and construction of large complex programs in a dense urban setting
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams and achieving expected outcomes
- Experience working as a representative of an agency/owner driving program success
- Experience managing alternative delivery forms of contract including design-build and lease agreements
- Proven track record of delivering large programs successfully under constrained conditions, with multiple stakeholders and while maintaining operations
What You'll Need
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Provides oversight and monitoring of work to less experienced project managers. Coordinates work efforts and review work performed. Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or relevant degree
- 16 years relevant experience
- In lieu of education, 20 years relevant experience