General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Program Manager to join our Aviation Safety Group located in Poway, CA.
This position reports to a director, and is responsible for the resource planning, and schedule oversight of personnel supporting field activities. This position will manage the make/buy staffing decision process based on company criteria. Tasks will typically be accomplished through close coordination amongst a diverse group of managers, where negotiation between competing priorities is critical to program success. Responsible for decisions that impact outcomes. Erroneous decisions will negatively impact critical fielded operations and cause serious schedule delays, along with the expenditure of additional time and resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the make/buy decision process for all field support personnel in support of estimates, proposals, and eventual fielded operations.
- Develop and coordinate subcontractor efforts which will serve multiple customers and operating locations,
- Participate with staff and/or management to develop and implement current, annual, and long-term objectives for the deployed sites. May also contribute to the development of field operations objectives.
- Participate in, and oversee, portions of the scheduling process for deployed personnel to ensure adequate resources are available for program success.
- Interact with internal and external representatives concerning the resolution of resource, cost, and scheduling issues.
- Influence and coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract(s). Influence contract acquisitions, negotiations and modifications.
- Ensure leadership and excellence is maintained by participating in the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of new personnel.
- Identify emerging support issues and provide leadership solutions such as re-allocation of resources or modifying contract specifications.
- Contribute to the development of new, and expansion of, business opportunities. May participate with field operations management in pursuing business partnerships, alliances, and joint ventures that enhance the capabilities of the company and may result in new products, programs and business opportunities.
- Manage the development, and ensure the security of, proprietary technology, while maintaining the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones. Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Aircrew experience, especially with training and scheduling, along with knowledge of service guidance related to aircraft operations is highly desired.
- Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of assets and personnel across a broad range of disciplines.
- Must be able to successfully negotiate between entities with competing interests by setting clear priorities and goals.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
Job ID#: 21842BR