No bureaucracy. Apex was founded on the principles of agility and employee empowerment, and we've worked hard over the past 25+ years to build a culture of collaboration, communication, and opportunity. That's our secret to success, plain and simple.
We get it. You're looking for growth opportunity in a high-energy environment. You want to work with the best minds in the business and for a company that cares about your professional development. And while you might be okay with some routine, you'd really like a role that includes new challenges, stretching you just enough to help you grow.
You get it. As a Program Manager, Air Compliance, you're a serious multi-tasker who lends your technical expertise and business savvy to the success of every project. You work hard to exceed client expectations for quality and you coordinate project activities to complete every project on time. At the end of the workday, you go home very satisfied knowing you've delivered solutions to clients that depend on you to resolve problems that range from very simple to very complex.
Like every member of the Apex Team, your role as Program Manager, Air Compliance is key to the company's success. While responsibilities of the Program Manager, Air Compliance will vary day to day, in general you will often:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of existing environmental projects, as well as new Air programs identified through your business development efforts (and those of others on the team).
- Write and review technical reports and proposals.
- Actively source new Air business opportunities and effectively close business.
- Prepare and deliver marketing presentations.
- Hire and manage subcontractors.
- Mentor and train scientific staff and ensure quality work product.
- Ensure safe performance of project work.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
In addition to your fulfilling role with a growing company, you also gain the advantages of:
- A full benefits package including health, medical, dental, life, short and long term disability, 401k, and tuition assistance (among others)
- Eligibility for performance-based bonuses and other incentives
- Resources and support for your career development
- Cross-training and diverse projects
- Working with some of the best and brightest in the industry among a culture that values diversity
- 600+ employee consulting firm led by an approachable, accessible executive team and all of the resources typical of much larger firm
Great minds think alike! Now that we understand each other, let's sort through the minimum qualifications for this position:
- BA/BS in Environmental Science/Engineering or other related field. Master's degree is preferred.
- 12 to 14 years of solid technical experience.
- Professional accreditation.
- Experience with technical oversight and project management.
- Experience developing leads and successfully closing Air business opportunities.
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Excellent technical communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Experience with Deltek Vision is highly desired.