Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Program Manager of the Agile Center of Excellence ensures best practices are followed, owns the Agile Culture, and level-sets the organization on Agile knowledge. The Program Manager of the Agile CoE is the ultimate Agile process enforcer for UO DigitalExperience and works across the organization to remove high level impediments. The Agile COE should view itself as a supporting function; it’s success is measured by the success of the organization to deliver value.
- Work closely with department Executives and their staffs to understand their business and technology needs. This includes:
- Development of both business and technology roadmaps for individual business areas/units.
- Assist in the rollup of technology roadmaps for UO, USH, UPR etc.
- Facilitate proposed efforts through the Demand Management Process. This would include activities such as:
- Project Prioritization/Demand Management
- Business Case/Scope Document Development
- Preparation of Approval/Funding Documentation
- Leading all project efforts from Ideal Initiation through handoff to the Program Manager
- Plan, prepare for and facilitate business update or steering committee meetings
- As needed, assume program leadership role for key initiatives.
- Establish an Agile CoE; hold regular meetings with representatives of all levels of the organization to launch solutions for the removal high level impediments
- Manage the Program Level Impediment Backlog; these are the issues that emerge from the Program Increment Inspect and Adapt Workshop
- Serves as senior advisor for the Agile Culture at UO; Facilitate on-going development & improvement of Agile practice
- Coaching/Mentoring – personally trains, develops, motivates, and directs Scrum teams on best practices
- Ensure that each new manager, team member, scrummaster, and product owner are onboarded with the UO Agile Culture and Development Practices. Put new member in touch with appropriate resources to ensure proper knowledge transfers.
- Use well-defined metrics to track Agile transformation, adoption, adherence to SAFe methodology
- Encourage a culture of learning and sharing of development/testing/etc knowledge
- Continually assess the organization on Agile adoption and adherence. Present results to executive management and suggest/track improvements
SCOPE: Serves as a key consensus builder and collaborator between the various business units at UO, USH, UPR etc. to ensure that IT needs are identified and acted upon as appropriate.
- Solid practical experience dealing with project management, particularly dealing with proposed efforts and leading them through a defined process of prioritization and demand management.
- Ability to work progressively with a wide range of individual levels, sponsors, stakeholders and resources to align activities and initiatives.
- Demonstrated cross-functional expertise in diverse fields such as IT, marketing, strategy, finance, operations, etc. and with skills as far ranging as business case development, ROI analysis, competitive risk assessments and what-if analyses.
- Demonstrated experiencing in presenting persuasive recommendations to leadership as well as key external stakeholders, including ability to communicate complex ideas and recommendations to leadership that highlights a clear decision framework based on analysis and experience.
- Cross-Team/Cross-Department Project Leadership experience.
- Strong Organizing & Interpersonal Skills.
- Technologyexperience/background a plus.
EDUCATION: BA/BS in related field, MBA preferred.
- 8-10 years of experience in Agile methodology (Scrum, XP, SAFe).
- 4-5 years of experience implementing Agile and has played a leadership role in an enterprise agile transformation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and problem-solving skills.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Certified in SAFe (SA/SPC) preferred.
- PMP preferred but not required.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.