What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
As the Secure Enablement Program Manager, you will own the end-to-end security enablement for any new NPI product's security configuration. This position's focus will be placed on establishing support for GPU products. As part of our multi-functional program management team, you will be the champion for checking of all necessary security features during pre-silicon stages and towards the post-silicon POR state. It is critical the candidate ensures all silicon, firmware and software deliverables meet security requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
The right candidate will demonstrate very strong knowledge and execution of technical program management, an outstanding track record of delivering sophisticated software and hardware projects, and experience with graphics hardware, software driver and firmware models. Any prior design or development experience will be a strong asset to have.
- This position focuses on all aspects of the lifecycle of security feature enablement for graphics silicon, software and firmware, from pre-silicon roadmap planning to post-silicon execution, leading to the GPU's overall feature enablement declaration.
- You must ensure a successful transition of a program's POR security state once all required features are ready for internal validation and functional verification. Any issues that arise must be tackled with urgency yet thoroughness to ensure full closure.
- Strong technical program management of various functional teams, influencing and supervising the overall graphics (GPU) security enablement work flows, ensuring qualification of all silicon/firmware/software deliverables, and forging positive relationships with Architecture, Development, Operations, PEO and Validation teams play a large part to succeed in the role.
- A passion for crafting detailed plans and working with a diverse team of development engineers, program managers, silicon product engineers operations staff is required for this highly visible role. Working within very tight timelines and aggressive schedules should be expected, and will rely heavily on a well-developed, managed and executed program plan.
- You will deliver results in an effective and timely manner, but also explore the opportunities implement improvements for future products and technologies.
- You will establish formal including plan of record, statements of work, project/program timelines, budget, scope, performance and quality will be critical to success. Excellence in resource planning is a must.
- The successful candidate must also plan for risks in the development path, identify prevention methods, and address them to save on engineering costs.
- Being comfortable working with senior executives is a hard requirement. You must address the needs and requirements called upon from AMD's Software Engineering, Platform Engineering, Silicon Architecture, PEO, Global Operations and Product Management organizations.
- Strong documentation and communication skills will be called upon frequently, especially in delivering streamlined, clear and concise information to functional managers and executives.
- Minimum 10+ years of proven Project & Program Management experience in dynamic and competitive industry, particularly within the discrete and/or integrated graphics engineering field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Horizontal leadership/Matrix management experience is required, along with comfort in step-level communication and management.
- Flexible working schedule to manage global program execution team (Asia and North America emphasis). Opportunities to work a percentage of your time from home are available, and may/will be required.
- Familiarity with the Semiconductor industry, especially the various functions of graphics firmware, driver software and platform hardware.
- PMP certification is required.
- Agile development or Certification is a bonus.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering