Program Manager – Adjacent Markets Responsible for the overall management of assigned material development programs for assigned technology licensees and potential licensees. Interfaces with all levels of internal and licensee management on all aspects of planning, scheduling, organizing, directing and controlling the program within Cooper Standard. Leads the Program Team to meet timing, quality, finance, and product requirements for Cooper and licensee systems and processes. Leadership and Ownership
• Leadership of the Program Team. Representing the team in a professional manner to the licensee and management.
• Takes personal responsibility for program success.
• Motivates the PT to meet commitments and holds the team accountable.
• Ensure appropriate program staffing by working with Cooper management.
• Program planning in all regards including program timeline.
• Maintaining the Program Team morale. Resolving conflicts between team members and departments.
• Clarifying roles and responsibilities to ensure the smooth running of the team.
• Follow the industry best practices including Program Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) to ensure world class program management.
• Utilizes available Program Management tools such as risk management and lessons learned to successfully launch programs.
• Develops and implements new Program Management tools to assist in management of non-Claus programs.
Program Team Management:
• Managing and running Program Team meetings.
• Managing relevant program documentation and processes including Statement of Work, Open Issues List, Timeline, Monthly Project Reports and CLauS.
• Establish internal and external targets, objectives, and deliverables by working with Management, licensees, and Program Team.
• Supports the Manufacturing Team (Plant Program Manager and the Launch Team) in production builds, team meetings, plant based customer reviews, and critical production preparation activities as needed and appropriate.
• Ensures appropriate program team members support launch efforts.
Financial Targets, AR, PCAQ:
• Achieves all internal and external financial targets by managing the Program Team and all associated functional areas of the company.
Program Monitoring and Control:
• Program monitor and control via management of the delivery schedule, visits to customer locations and assembly plants, management of financial status reports, visits to supplier manufacturing locations to conduct supplier readiness reviews, and managing prototype and internal production builds.
•Manages interface with Innovation team regarding technical resources assistance and management.
• Ensures that the drawing, prototype and production tooling schedules are managed to support builds and customer MRDs.
• Manages the product change process and scope change process.
• Fosters an effective customer relationship to maintain Cooper Standard and personal credibility.
• Manages the team to ensure on time adherence to all customer events and MRDs.
• Utilize project scope control tools including Statement of Work (SOW), written responses to scope change requests and quotes that include product, cost and timing impact to ensure Cooper Standard’s position is protected.
• Plans for the future including identifying Risks. Uses appropriate Risk Mitigation tools to prevent problems from occurring.
• Escalates future risks and clearly identifies to management specific tasks, deliverables and support needed to mitigate future risks.
• Leads the Program Team to meet all Cooper and customer quality targets. Launches products below targets for launch cost, scrap and containment.
• Adheres to all customer quality systems and processes.
Qualifications: • Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• Five to Ten years experience in the automotive industry.
• Experience in at least 3 functional areas; Quality, Manufacturing, Product Engineering, Finance, Operations, Sales, etc. EEO Notice We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor