Provides engineering supervision and technical leadership to employees who are responsible for planning, developing, and coordinating new product development projects. Ensures that program objectives are determined and met and communicated with management and product owners, integration of multiple functions is facilitated, logistics are effectively coordinated, and budgets are adhered to.
- Implements a staffing plan by identifying program scope, goals, and development activities, resources required to meet development goals, writing justifications for additional personnel, obtaining approval for changes to programs time, cost or goals, and coordinating the functional managers.
- Monitors work cross functional teams across development, operations, quality, regulatory marketing, and provides direction and guidance to core and extended team members to achieve unit or project goals.
- Interacts with internal and external customers, and responds to requests and explaining procedures.
- Interprets and executes policies that affect work processes and personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Contributes to the development of operational policies and procedures that affect personnel within the assigned organizational unit.
- Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO regulations etc).
- Monitors internal and external indicators by reviewing reports and newsletters, reading organizational literature, meeting with peers and reading departmental reports.
- Contributes to the development and monitoring of area budget through regular analysis of cost and spending.
- (Influence/Leadership) Promotes the attainment of group goals by selecting, motivating, and enabling core and extended teams.
- Provides leadership to assigned units by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving group objectives.
- (Planning/Organization) Schedules human and material resources within a group or section in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure their availability; carries out operations within an established budget.
- (Decision Making/Impact) Assignments are expressed in the form of tasks and objectives; generally makes day-to-day decisions within established guidelines regarding work processes or schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions would normally result in serious delays to assigned projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds, without jeopardizing future business activity.
- Bachelor's degree and 6+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in regulatory or quality controlled environment preferred.
- Technical/Business Knowledge: Monitors progress of exempt individuals, teams, supervisors or nonexempt technical individuals toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility. Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.
- Cognitive Skills :Develops and/or identifies new work processes and the improved utilization of human and material resources within the assigned area or related departments; facilitates others involvement in the continuous improvement program; investigates and solves problems that impact work processes and personnel within the assigned unit.