L3 Mission Integration is looking for a Program Manager 5 to act as primary customer contact for RC-135 Aircraft Fleetwide Avionics program activities.
- Directs all phases of programs for RC-135 Aircraft Fleetwide Avionics from design concept thru fleetwide implementation, including aircraft Group A Kit engineering, procurement, fabrication and installation, Group B/Equipment development and integration, and fleetwide completion.
- Coordinates with the various Platform Program Managers on all fleetwide changes, and works with Project Engineering to maintain a matrix of Avionics Kits & Equipment which will be available for Customer and Senior Management review.
- The candidate will be responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract, and participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- In concert with Project Engineering, establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration, test and certification, as required.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Coordinates the work of the Functional Groups with Project Engineering and Functional Group Managers assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in business or a technical field and at least nine (9) years of relevant experience. An MBA with Program Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in Avionics development and design is desired as is familiarity with USAF technical publications processes.
- A working knowledge of aircraft flight deck and aircraft operating experience is desired.
- A working knowledge of Group A and B design, procurement and production, aircraft modification and system integration is also desired.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with SAP is also desired.