Directs all phases of training department for all programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost; schedule and technical performance of training or subsystems of major programs. Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes. Coordinates the preparation of proposals; business plans; proposal work statements and specifications; operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract. Acts as primary customer contact for program activities; leading program review sessions with company leadership to discuss cost; schedule; and technical performance. Develops new business or expands the operational scope with the customers. Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules; identifies program problems and obtains solutions; such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Directs the work of employees assigned to the training center in CONUS/OCONUS administrative and operational areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- In-depth knowledge of aviation operations, maintenance and training requirements.
- Understanding of professional training development, teaching and learning techniques.
- Direct, coordinate and monitor activities of the training center through the managers/supervisors for total support of operations including administrative procedures/objectives, exercise control of subcontractors, and personnel assigned to the contract.
- Evaluate existing systems/methods for potential improvements in capability and cost effectiveness, and coordinate recommendations and implementation plans with the company and program leadership.
- Establish/approve operating procedures, policies, instructions and other applicable directives with appropriate reports and procedures to ensure data flow and proper direction to managers.
- Ensure that all assigned personnel meet the minimum qualifications, have the necessary clearances and certifications, are in good health, and have the necessary tools and training required to perform their jobs.
- Serve as the training center contact point and coordinator between Government counterparts and the company in matters of contractual and technical matters.
- Ensure standardization of operations and maintenance management functions and procedures, under terms of the contract, at all locations.
- Be responsible for preparation, accuracy and adequacy of all reports, data and documentation submitted to the company and Government under this contract, and review all incoming and outgoing official contract correspondence.
- Review and analyze for correctness expenditure, financial and operations reports to determine that contractual requirements are in compliance.
- Enforce administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and government regulations to include labor laws, OSHA standards and environmental EPA standards.
- Ensure dissemination of and adherence to established procedures.
- Perform other duties/special tasks as assigned.
- Must be available for travel as required.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree; Business or Aviation related field preferred
- Minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered.
- Position requires an active Secret Security Clearance and the ability to maintain the stated clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Position requires possession of a U.S. passport and periodic travel to austere OCONUS locations.