The Public Cloud product development team is one of the biggest initiatives in the history of Oracle. We are introducing revolutionary SAAS, IAAS and PAAS products to the market place and because many of these products are being built new, we are experiencing tremendous growth in our Project Management team.
The Data Center Technical Project Manager will manage and support infrastructure design, build, deployment, and operations in data center facilities. This role is responsible for the facilities build out and expansion, primarily focusing on post-build data center efforts. We are seeking candidates that have experience building data centers, design, working with 3rd party contractors/vendors, RFP's, budgeting, etc...all in a data center environment. Responsibilities
This is a highly complex role that requires one to bring a strong data center facilities build out and expansion experience. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for creating executable project plans with clearly defined milestones, reporting project status, issues/risks, mitigation plans, and creating operational documentation for deploying and maintaining data center facilities. Will work closely with vendors/contracts in the local build area and give executive management project updates, budgets and risks identified. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
We are seeking highly seasoned Technical Project Managers with an extensive background in data center facilities. Candidate should have a strong background in highly complex deployments, managing vendor relationships, capacity, budgeting, metrics, reporting and working in a very fast pace/unstructured environment. In addition, we seek:
- 10+ years of experience in project management for data center operations and telco.
- 10+ years of experience working in a data centers, leading teams in new builds, expansions, and decommissions.
- Strong technical knowledge, which encompasses data center technologies, design, electrical distribution, mechanical, and IT infrastructure.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of management.
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals.
- Strong leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude.
- Extensive understanding of data center cabling design and standards.
- Ability to apply independent and sound business judgment to solve complex issues.
- Works independently with minimal supervision required and can lead cross-functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment, experience, and leadership skills.
- Partner with internal IT operations teams to ensure successful transition from delivery to operations.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.