About our Team:
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Program Manager with a strong product development background to join our efforts providing world-class Program and Project Management for Oracle's products and services. As a member of the Database Cloud Services Technical Program Management team, you will partner with product and engineering teams to build innovative cloud-native products. This may include defining and managing a complex, cross-functional project that brings together a diverse group of departments to agree upon and execute an important organizational goal. Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment.
The successful candidate must have deep engineering experience, problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and notable experience collaborating in cross-functional teams with a focus on large corporate and enterprise customers. What you will do:
Who you are:
- Manage the development and implementation of a product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Lead multiple technology programs/ projects and product features.
- Work across multiple virtual teams with differing timelines and objectives.
- Define milestones, success criteria, manage dependencies and deliver iteratively.
- Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues and risks to stakeholders.
- Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Influence product & engineering decisions to align with company goals.
- Manage stakeholder expectations across the organization.
- Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
- Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- Identify and drive process improvements across multiple teams.
- Define and pursue automation and integration opportunities.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience delivering technical products and projects in a highly technical environment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical program management experience over multiple release cycles or lifecycles for enterprise products or services.
- Comfortable presenting to large internal groups and leadership team members.
- Ability to turn broad statements of direction into actionable, achievable outcomes.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of stakeholders to prioritize work, remove barriers, and keep organizational focus.
- Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence and analytical skills.
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals.
- Ability to work independently, defining and managing one's own work while still providing transparency and accountability to management and other interested parties
- Ability to work across and engage individuals and teams located across multiple geographies and or cultures.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building.
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands.
- Being hands-on and willing to delve deeper into engineering problems if needed.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Seven years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.