Business Operations-Program Manager-DCS
Oracle's Data Center Services (DCS) business is responsible for the operation and expansion of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) datacenters. OCI has over 30 datacenters worldwide and is rapidly expanding to meet customer demand. As customers continue to migrate workloads to the cloud, we aim to be there every step of the way to make that a successful journey that delivers tangible business value to our customers. This role functions as the business operations manager for the DCS organization and plays an active role in achieving our business goals.
The DCS organization is evolving and in need of a motivated and adaptable individual to support business stakeholders. As a strategist, consultant, and implementer the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the organization based on the priorities of the DCS leadership team. This individual will play a key role in the organization, driving the Headcount Management and Rhythm of Business and processes, from development to successful execution. Responsibilities
Manage Overall Organizational Headcount & Budget
- Work with Finance and across the DCS Leadership Team to manage the overall organizational budget and forecast
- Drive overall headcount and resource planning and implement new ideas to maximize the financial success of the organization
Manage operational processes and rhythm across DCS
- Support business management activities to ensure the effectiveness business processes
- Foster and build a data-driven culture to ensure that key decisions, meetings, processes and reporting are predictable and grounded in data that provide business insight and enable decision-making.
- Drive analysis and identify patterns and insights in complex data sets
- Integrate the organization closely into the overall rhythm of business across OCI and the wider Oracle organization
- Track OKRs & underlying success metrics for the organization
- Foster an environment that embraces the OCI values
Support Organizational Initiatives and communication
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Help to drive cross organizational improvements, quickly figuring out what needs to be done putting clear delivery frameworks in place.
- Partner closely with the human resources, finance and DCS leadership team to develop initiatives that improve overall team performance.
- Manage how we communicate and cascade business communications to DCS stakeholders.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- 5+ years in business, product or operations planning
- Self-starter mentality; thrives in unfamiliar territory
- Attention to detail, structured and creative thinking
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Manage and monitor rhythm of business from initiation through delivery. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing business support and direction.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, after a conditional offer has been extended.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.About Us
Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It's when everyone's voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what's been done before. That's why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.