Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Currently seeking an experienced Program Manager for our Enterprise Services Platforms Program Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving one or more of the company’s most critical initiatives supporting the Enterprise Risk & Compliance organization. Programs will involve the implementation of a variety of technologies and will typically span multiple teams and geographic locations.
- Drives the coordinated management of large, complex programs over a finite period of time in order to achieve specific business goals. Ensures the timely delivery of business value and the efficient use of organizational resources.
- Partners with Business and Technology leadership to establish a solid understanding of the vision, purpose and expected business benefits of a program. Ensures measurable KPIs are defined and aligned to company goals and objectives.
- Manages the program-level decomposition of work across multiple delivery teams. Works across organizational boundaries to define program interdependencies and release plans.
- Partners closely with Product Owners, Product Development teams to execute and deliver programs aligning to product vision and program goals, objectives and timelines. Makes sure appropriate domain resources are engaged. Helps define creative solutions to address resourcing challenges.
- Drives resolution of program-level issues leveraging scrum-of-scrums as needed. Facilitates executive-level escalations and program-level change management.
- Monitors health of program delivery. Tracks program-level status, risks, issues and dependencies. Proactively addresses delivery team impediments. Resolves program-level roadblocks to enable successful program execution.
- Manages program-level communications ensuring stakeholders are informed of roadmap changes, release plans and delivery status. Leads program-level reviews with delivery teams, stakeholders and executive management as required.
- Drives the integration and adoption of agile delivery practices across delivery teams. Facilitates program retrospectives to identify improvement opportunities. Evangelizes and integrates desired changes in order to enable continuous improvement.
- Leads by example. Actively coaches Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Delivery teams in order to promote successful adoption of agile practices. Covers key management roles as needed to ensure the success of program delivery efforts.
Required Experience, Skills, or Abilities:
- Extensive experience leading global, multi-disciplinary teams in fast-paced, change intensive environments
- Extensive knowledge of project and program management processes, tools, templates and management techniques
- Extensive knowledge of multiple software product development methodologies, including in-depth knowledge of agile delivery practices
- Exceptional problem solving and negotiation skills, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries to drive closure of complex delivery challenges
- Strong business acumen and technical background, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges across a wide-ranging audiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the professional confidence and credibility to effectively engage and interact with senior and executive management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing moderately-sized projects and programs from start to finish within highly complex operating environments
Preferred / Plus:
- Previous software development experience is desired
- Prior online payments industry and/or compliance experience is a strong plus
- Previous managerial experience in software development, quality assurance, or product management is a big plus
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.