Collins Aerospace is seeking a seasoned professional in Program Management, who works independently, leads small/medium programs, analyzes data, recommends resolutions for program problems, manages vendors, maintains progress reports, and participates in contract negotiation.
- Leads small/medium programs to support the development of program plans, schedules, and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility.
- Analyzes data and monitors programs to ensure adherence to cost, schedule and technical specifications.
- Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the program(s).
- Demonstrates continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Identifies and addresses program problems and recommends resolutions to ensure the successful completion of programs.
- Leads program work with the various functional organizations to ensure alignment with the customer program objectives.
- Manages vendors, when necessary, to support the program.
- Participates in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization's interests.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Hands-on relevant program management experience
- Aerospace industry experience is preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more.