The US Consumer Risk and Controls (CBORC) organization is driving an end to end Operating Model Reset ("Run, Fix, Change") program to make transformative changes to our overall risk and controls and operating infrastructure - focus and efforts include automation, digitization, re-engineering, and simplification throughout the Consumer businesses. Projects across collaborating CBORC, Operations, Technology and the front line business teams will be centrally managed by the newly established program office in CBORC - this role resides in that program office and will support the overall business-critical effort.
The Program Management Senior Lead is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at all levels of the organization. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function.
Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. This role will sit centrally in the program office and manage several key functions for the PMO needs.Responsibilities:
• Supports planning, directing and coordination of day-to-day activities of running a program or portfolio of programs. Key functions of the role may include:
- Project Management tool development, administration and discipline management (expertise in JIRA, MS Project, XLS, PPT) along Citi PM Policy requirements
- Metrics and reporting management and discipline - including driving manual tracking to systemic (DB + visualization tools) tracking in coordination with technology and program resources
- Resource and staffing management for large scale effort spanning multiple teams
• Identifies stakeholders and key organizations and build and manage relationships.
• Directs the creation of multiple programs of work and manage their alignment to business goals.
• Leads the facilitation, coordination, and arbitration of cross-functional macro level topics within/across programs and with Senior Management.
• Leads the identification and drive resolution of issues, including those outside established programs of work.
• Works with stakeholders to ensure program scope definition meets business objectives.
• Works with Program Sponsor to ensure business case/cost benefit analysis is in line with business objectives.
• Drives adherence to program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery and leverage across the program.
• Assists program team in negotiating for resources owned by other departments in order ensure the program can be completed.
• Directs the communication of status, issue, and risk disposition to all stakeholders, including senior management, on a timely basis.
• Directs the identification of risks which impact program delivery and ensure mitigation strategies are developed and executed when necessary.
• Manages multiple teams or a functional area (depending on size of business).
• Applies comprehensive understanding of concepts and procedures within own area and basic knowledge of other areas to resolve issues that have impact beyond own area.
• Ensures creation and signoff of program plan and charter, benefits management plan, stakeholder management plan, acceptance plan, and central program issue log.
• Ensures program plans meet business needs as described in the program initiation documents.
• Ensures all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities, understand the program schedule and key milestones and receive schedule status regularly.
• Ensures funding has been approved for the program.
• Ensures all areas of the program are appropriately staffed.
• Ensures program commitment from those assigning resources.
• Escalates program risks to the Program Director, or Program Sponsor, when appropriate.
• Ensures vendor performance is monitored and actions taken if performance warrants.
• Maintains appropriate staffing requirements to meet operational needs.
• Exercises shared responsibility for budget, policy formulation and planning.
• Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, and other personnel actions.Qualifications:
• 10+ years of experience
• Should demonstrate a commitment to quality and attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal relationships with ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Clear understanding of the firm's different businesses and the related economics.
• Demonstrated a consistent track record having worked as a Project Manager, Lead, PMO or department head, managing teams and large, strategic cross-functional projects.
• CAPM, PMP, PgMP and/or MBA are a plus
• Expertise in JIRA, MS Project, XLS, PPT
Role not location specificEducation:
• Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Project and Program Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting