More information about this job
The Senior Program Analyst performs analysis activities that support the decision making regarding matching technology solutions (package selection, configuration, development) with business, user, and functional needs from stakeholders. This involves conducting market research, functional comparisons, and staying abreast of what is being done at otherlaw firms and professional services firms.
The Senior Program Analyst partners with the appropriate business stakeholders and the Program Manager to prioritize and create a project roadmap for their assigned area, in this case Accounting. With the business and IT teams, they maintain a set of institutional knowledge of what is working well within the program and what needs improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and prioritize their needs, creating a roadmap of projects and operational initiatives for their assigned area.
- Own the lifecycle of their assigned products, from inception to implementation, throughout production until retirement / upgrade.
- Stay abreast of best practices being done at other firms, and technology developments that may impact the area. Act as a trusted advisor to stakeholders and the Program Manager to influence the technology decisions for the area based on this knowledge.
- Analyze and consolidate all perspectives on projects – business needs, user experience, security, training, risk, time, cost, technologyarchitecture, procurement/vendor management, operational considerations, etc. – to help the Firm reach the best technology decisions.
- Drives projects and business teams toward achieving intended business results within a specified time and budget
- Performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path issues
- Preparation and analysis of business user needs into necessary documentation (requirements, use case, traceability matrix, design, documentation, test scripts, etc.)
- Review and reporting of program/project status
- Preparation of materials for briefings and presentations to large size groups of key decision makers at the executive level
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst, Program Analyst, Project Coordinator or related role
- Experience with Accounting / Finance operations and processes
- Experience with Enterprise Accounting / Financial systems
- Experience in current technology trends
- Law firm experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities