Program Management Planning / Administration Support Consultant
CS&C, working through NPPD OUS-MGMT, seeks a mid-level management analyst with a consulting mindset to support and advance CS&C’s implementation of the Cybersecurity Pay Enhancements Program—a critical recruiting and retention program for the Cybersecurity workforce at CS&C and NPPD. The individual will be part of a small program management and administration team (or PMO)—each teammate reporting directly to the client on a daily basis while serving as a “thinking and doing” partner with other teammates and stakeholders to ensure strong coordination, task completion and achievement of program success. As a position requiring a high degree of independence and collaboration for shared success, this position offers an excellent opportunity for mid-level management consultant/analyst professionals to demonstrate and hone their consulting and team skills while helping our client shape and administer this high-profile, federal cybersecurity workforcerecruitment and retention program. The program is a critical support for meeting the principles outlined in cybersecurity E.O. 13800, Section 3.d. (workforce development).
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and abilities to perform the functions and tasks outlined below successfully:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of supporting government program/project management, lines of business or performance.
- Demonstrated 1 – 3 years of experience in policy analysis and/or in policy-driven environments
- Strong written communications skills sufficient to frame, draft and/or review/improve program and policy documentation, marketing/educational materials and other materials, as tasked. Writing is a substantial portion of the job.
- Desire to learn details of program policies and procedures and demonstrate this knowledge to customers and stakeholders, providing instructions and/or conducting trainings as necessary.
- Strong oral communication skills sufficient to interact productively and collaborative with clients, program customers and stakeholders and upper-level management to whom the program is accountable. Must maintain a service mindset in communicating with customers and program stakeholders
- An ability to manage small projects and tasks well, and in coordination with appropriate stakeholders and the client.
- Experience in creating SharePoint lists, working with/creating databases, and creating and updating SharePoint sites is required. Common tasks include:
o Generating, manipulating, and updating data in SharePoint lists and document libraries
o Using SharePoint to generate new reports analyzing highlighting workforce metrics contained in the program's SharePoint lists; and
o Developing, updating, and maintaining SharePoint-based web pages
- Proficiency in coordinating a component-wide Working Group of high-level POCs in order to coordinate program policies and procedures, manage program changes, and make updates as necessary. Coordination includes logistical planning and set up for occasional in-person working group meetings, conference calls, and online collaboration.
- A high attention to detail and accuracy in data collection, capture and recording. Data collection, capture and analysis is a substantial portion of the job, especially during key program cycles. Accuracy and quality are critical.
- Performance of other, general PMO support functions
- Consistent professionalism, independent thinking and problem-solving skills are critical to success.
- A strong combination of experience working in several of the following office applications is desired: Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel (spreadsheets and spreadsheet functions), Visio and/or Adobe Reader/Writer.
o Common deliverables include data reports (Excel/PowerPoint), newsletters, SharePoint content, standard operating procedures (SOPs), Visio process diagrams and org charts
- Experience with complex Excel spreadsheet or data models is a plus (e.g., program data collection, performance metrics, financial or risk management tools).
Common program and data management tasks (will fluctuate across team) to be assigned by the client are as follows, though all teammates will have a hand in writing, analysis, data management and/or stakeholder communications:
- Assist the government in drafting SOPs, researching and analyzing policies and guidance—providing summaries, comparisons and contrasts, drafting program and program-related flyers, newsletters, briefings, reports and training materials
- Provide customer service by responding to questions via a group email inbox. Provide well written, professional responses and be able to speak with customers (e.g., Supervisors and employees) to answer questions or help them complete forms. Preventing backlogs is imperative.
- Train and instruct customers and stakeholders on program policy and procedures
- Coordinate component-wide Working Group meetings, attended by high-level senior leaders to support and coordinate program policies and procedures, manage program changes, and make updates as necessary. Coordination includes logistical planning and set up for occasional in-person working group meetings, conference calls, and online collaboration.
- Organize and maintain a centralized digital repository consisting of program documents, reports, studies, data calls, and papers using existing DHS software. Oversee the administrative processing of all materials added to the repository and integration of the digital repository with the program’s communications and outreach activities. This digital repository is currently housed on an NPPD SharePoint site.
- Manage Cyber Pay ExecSec tasks in the ExecSec tool, ESTT.
- Oversee administrative processing of all materials added to the repository and integration of the digital repository (SharePoint) with the program’s communications and outreach activities
- Perform review, edit and redundancy resolution for data integrity and quality—researching multiple files across multiple applications, as necessary, to identify and correct data discrepancies
- Data analysis and reporting from associated databases and data sources. Examples may include specific findings, trends or new areas of focus—such as alignment or misalignment with the National Initiative for Cyber Education (NICE) Framework, current organizational structures/charts, vacancies or attrition status data. Trends identified may include training and certification patterns or gaps and/or other cyber workforce items.
- Perform data entry into HR systems (FedHR Navigator and EmpowHR)
- Perform other general PMO and client/program support duties, as assigned