Our ideal candidate is an experienced program manager: operational, solution and customer-focused, and has a reputation for getting things done. Moreover, our candidate thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment, thinks critically, acts quickly, and partners naturally across a variety of functions. Lastly, maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, and analytical talent are essential to success in this role.
- Drive release planning for programs, providing guidance to teams and supporting sprint plans that promote team productivity at a sustainable work pace.
- Program Planning & Execution Coordinate efforts across Agile scrum teams to ensure delivery of programs, can be up to 10-15 teams from across various domains.
- Identifying and addressing program impediments including proper escalation as needed.
- Manage dependencies with other programs within the portfolio and with other portfolios.
- Manage appropriate Scrum of Scrums sessions to establish inter-dependencies.
- Work with Product/Application owners to secure and align cross-functional, cross-domain delivery teams to deliver programs.
- Metrics and Reporting to ensure regular active communication with adjacent portfolios and stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate status reporting format, audience and cadence of all projects and programs.
- Ensure measure-able OKRs are developed for the program, and that they align to the overall KPIs.
- High degree of professional confidence and credibility with effective presence, strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate technical concepts and plans at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills in all mediums and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving skills, able to prioritize among many conflicting needs, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently but flexible and responsive to dynamic situations.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase stakeholder value.
- Comfort around negotiating with higher management.
- Strong project management skills with experience with work prioritization, planning, influencing and working in cross-functional teams.
- Experience with different software development methodologies including the agile development methodology such as Scrum, and associated tools like Jira, Rally, etc.
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent; MBA and/or PMP, is a plus.
- Experience as a software developer and 3+ years of experience in project/ program management.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to engage diverse group of stakeholders and drive long running programs with far reaching changes.
- Strong ability to organize & coordinate activities across geographically spread teams and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, ability to generate alternatives/ options, advocate a course of action, and pursue it consistently while being flexible and responsive to evolving situations.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.