Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers’ toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems
Overall responsibilities include working with the customer and leading the internal and subcontractor teams in capturing and executing highly complex and advanced satellite communication projects to completion.
- Managing the cost, schedule and technical performance requirements of a program through all phases from inception to development completion, production and sustainment.
- High-level relationship management.
- Financial: Orders, sales, margin, and program budget and cost performance metrics (i.e., CPI and EVMS)
- Schedule: Timely, responsive, and successful completion of all program activities (informal) and deliverables (formal)
- Quality: Program deliverables meet or exceed customer expectations
- Customer Satisfaction: Continually delighting our customers with our values, responsiveness, and overall mission performance.
- Preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budget and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Ensuring that all resources such as engineering, manpower, production and facilities are available to support the program.
- Working with customers to determine needs, requirements and new business opportunities.
- Directing the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, manufacturing and administrative areas.
- Interacting internally with management and customers on significant business matters.
- Developing and managing programmatic and financial forecasts.
- 6+ years with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Solid technical background with strong business acumen.
- Objective thinker, problem solver with ability to execute challenging tasks to completion is preferred.
- Ability to provide/reinforce the credibility and commitment of Harris at appropriate levels in the customer community.
- Ability to organize and coordinate customer visits, participation in appropriate symposiums and trade shows.
- Ability to make effective decisions regarding the profitability and achievability of pursuits.
- Ability to work with other Program Managers, Business Development Managers, Financial Managers, Contract Managers, Product Lines, and Engineering functions.
- Ability to communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner which supports information sharing and goal achievement.
- Can develop broad, cooperative relationships with numerous groups and individuals, even when having no direct authority over them.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills