Program Management and Marketing Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
What is the Program Marketing 529 team responsible for?
In a quickly evolving world, a college education is becoming increasingly important. Are you ready to help people achieve their college dreams? If so, we would like to have you on the Franklin Templeton's Program Marketing team as we develop an industry leading 529 program and award-winning marketing campaigns.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of the Program Management and Marketing Manager?
We are looking for someone who will enthusiastically drive our 529 College Savings program and marketing initiatives. Working with the Director - Program Marketing with key input from Sales, Product, and Service teams, this position will play a vital role in managing the intricacies of Franklin Templeton programs, identifying opportunities for program enhancements, and providing internal partners with actionable marketplace intelligence.
- Drives the overall program strategy for the FT529, NJBEST and Charitable Giving Program (CGP) programs
- Maintains a competitive awareness of other programs with a focus on fees, investments, and program features
- Identifies and drives program enhancements including new features, program fees, service enhancements, and share class changes
- Identifies and drives the program's portfolio/investment enhancements including change to the investment lineup and underlying investment objectives. Work with Global Product Strategy to define, gain approval, and implement portfolio/investment changes
- Drives the development of thought leadership materials including topic papers and program-centric content for media outreach and opportunistic promotion
- Responsible for the core program materials for FT529, NJBEST, and CGP including, but not limited to, legally-required documents, pricing and performance content, and program FAQs
- Serves as the program expert and business advocate for internal teams (sales, service, and marketing)
- Provides the sales team with a regular stream of sales-oriented program insights as well as actionable intelligence on competitor programs
What ideal qualifications would help someone to be successful ?
- 7+ years of experience in financial services (preferably mutual funds), product management, or product marketing; 3+ years of specific experience with investments/mutual funds or 529 college savings plans
- Strong knowledge of both the retail and direct channels in the asset management industry; knowledge of regulatory and industry rules, guidelines, and standards strongly desired (SEC, FINRA)
- Experience working with cross-functional and multi-channel teams (e.g., sales/marketing, client service, management, legal, performance, and graphics)
- Strong project management and organizational abilities
- Self-starter who can work independently or with minimal supervision
- A true team player, translating prior knowledge and experience into strong and productive relationships internally and externally