JOB SUMMARY: Program Leader
Responsible for technical, design, and functional leadership of the Work platform product development from concept to production to achieve product objectives within a specified timeline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional program teams to meet project schedule, cost, quality, durability, performance and reliability requirements. Responsible for the overall success of the programs.
- Direct the program using the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring that all requirements are clearly defined, documented, and achieved.
- Coordinates development, layout, testing, drafting, and fabrication to ensure project objectives are met per schedule.
- Manage the assigned team to develop new product features, innovative approaches, breakthrough technologies, and improved processes.
- Collaborate with suppliers to use their design expertise where appropriate.
- Monitor and manage the manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities on the team, to provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members.
- Responsible for the key decisions that drive the program objectives and metrics.
- Ensure manufacturing, quality, and purchasing resources and activities provide seamless coordination and issue resolution between all team members; supports accessory and service part planning and execution; drives necessary trade-offs to ensure program success.
- Participate in field development testing as required; analyze field problems and recommend possible solutions.
- Allocate and monitor resources and task assignments within the team. Coordinate issue resolution with functional managers.
- Motivate the entire team and others affecting the program's success. Coaches, develops, and potentially supervises Project Leaders, Engineers and Engineering Development Associates.
- Assist functional managers to plan budgets and manpower forecasts.
- Establishes projected part and tool costs and monitors the costs throughout the project.
- Provide technical support for promotional materials, sales and marketing information, and service publications.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES
- BS Engineering Degree
- 5 or more years of project/program leadership or engineering project/design leadership experience in similar industry.
- Strong technical background, including technical understanding of Polaris products, or similar vehicles.
- Ability to manage by influence with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent project planning, organizing, and administrative skills; a subject matter expert in the application of project management tools and methodologies.
- Understands how program objectives, tools, and resources relate cross-functionally.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written communication).
- Demonstrated ability to form business inter-relationships with supporting managers, leaders, staff and suppliers.
- Ability to supervise people if necessary.
- Decisive and prone to action. Must be quality-oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Dynamic Manufacturing and fast paced office environment.
- Some travel required <20%