Program Lead, Marketing Strategy (Medical Devices)
Job Title: Program Lead, Marketing Strategy
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: EVP, Sales & Marketing
Location: Lehigh Valley
The Program Lead will lead the overall marketing strategy. The candidate will be responsible for the leadership, direction and implementation of a focused marketing strategy in order to build greater brand awareness and aggressively drive sales. This function also includes the development and execution of strategic marketing plans to support market penetration and growth, brand positioning, marketing communications (internal and external), trade shows and events, saleseducation, market research, and the evaluation of new product opportunities.
The Program Lead will be a key player at the senior level and will play a key role in helping to direct and manage the organization through its next critical phase of growth.
The ideal candidate with be a seasoned marketing professional with proven strategic leadership skills and strong tactical marketing and implementation capabilities. In addition, this individual will possess an in-depth understanding of medical device and/or pharmaceutical marketing, with experience in managing successful product introductions.
The role will appeal to a self-motivated individual with strong results and team orientation, and technical capabilities.
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
Responsibilities & Duties:DEVELOP AND EXECUTE MARKETING STRATEGIES
· Write and execute marketing plans within budget, consistent annual revenue and profit goals.
· Analyze sales performance and competitive activities of third-party selling agents and competitors.
· Prioritize new opportunities to maximize revenue targets and minimize risk.
· Responsible for setting and achieving P&L targets for the business unit. Accountable for: Long range revenue and expense planning, Annual revenue and expense planning, Achieving business unit revenue and expense planning.
· Identify potential pricing issues and recommend price strategies.
· Authorize and participate in trade shows and exhibitions.
· Develop collateral material, both internally and with selling agents, conforming to company & FDA guidelines
· Develop and maintain relationships with key business partners
DEVELOP NEW PRODUCTS
· Articulate new products consistent with company focus and strategy, based on market demands, and work withother functional groups to develop them.
· Provide Marketing input to Design Control process for labeling, pricing, product mix, performance specifications and positioning.
· Perform market research to validate product concepts, product procedures and market opportunities.
QSR AND ISO STANDARDS
· Performs job duties and tasks in compliance with Company’s standards and specifications.
· Ensures job duties and tasks conform to FDA and ISO regulations that apply to Company.
· 8+ years of marketingexperience within pharmaceutical/medical device
· Minimum of 5years’ experience leading a product marketing team in medical devices/diagnostics
· 5years’ experience in product sales and working hands on with a sales force
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive projects to completion
· Prior experience managing product launches
· The ability to understand technical issues and prioritize multiple tasks
· Work within multi-functional and multi-geographical teams
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with customers and with all levels of personnel
· Strong leadership skills; able to provide constructive feedback that develops employees and fosters their long-term contribution to forwarding company sales and ethical standards.
· Bachelor's degree in Business or the Sciences is required. MBA is preferred.
· Approximately 25-50% travel throughout the U.S. and Internationally