Program Implementation Consultant
Summary of This Role
Manages implementations and conversions of varying size and complexity. Defines problems and scope parameters of full implementation or assigned components, developing solution specifications, identifying and securing needed resources, developing an implementation plan, budget, timetable and milestones, identifying structures of authority and processes for decision making within theimplementation/components, and ultimately managing the execution of the plan and post implementation evaluation of outcomes. Manages an assigned team of professionals, paraprofessionals and/or support staff as part of a broader function. Plans and structures work activities for team and monitors progress and results. Provides guidance to team members as they carry out work activities. Manages conversions of data from multiple systems of varying size/complexity and theintegration/conversion of TSYS products for the new portfolio to utilize. In many cases new products are created to support the converting portfolio, where new processes have to be defined/created to support for use by other TSYS customers. Existing and new customer vendorintegrations/conversions are beingmanaged/lead/directed.Accountable to Executive sponsors for scope, schedule, budget and quality of all program elements. Responsible for and Builds strong client relationships during the Program Implementation.
What Part Will You Play?
- Leads, plans, executes, controls, and reports on complex conversion/integration implementation efforts and assists with the planning, executing, controlling and reporting on the most complex and unique implementations within the specific goals of building and delivering a particular product(s). Delivers new and additional business and products to clients and establishes clients on TSYS systems. Typical projects include approximately over 8500 project hours, but may be less than 16,000 hours. Typical projects may also include Launch or Conversions for new customers, including 300K or less accounts on file with approximately 6 - 10 products.
- Creates, modifies and provides governance over the plan, scope, schedule and cost to ensure quality and client satisfaction for complex implementations. Collaborates and ensures adherence to client and TSYS multiple work stream plans.
- Works assignments that require considerable analysis and interpretation of data and may require a broad range of contact interactions, including the client's executive steering committee and TSYS senior leadership.
- Leads and influences members of his/her Program to support the implementation of complex project implementations. The team consists of a very large number of peers and team members across a wide range of departments and/or divisions.
- Serves as the primary catalyst for defining and shaping a progressive, productive, and profitable culture across a complex implementation.
- Ensures the documentation and approval of product/project scope and requirements information for complex implementations. Ensures the creation, approval, monitoring, and updating of project plans using assigned resources.
- Conducts and monitors the proper change control of key project assets: scope, requirements, project plan, product specifications, contracts, product code, documentation, etc. for complex projects.
- Tracks and conducts the issue resolution process for the complex project implementation. Uses metrics to forewarn of problems and to measure progress. Ensures the identification, logging, and resolution of critical problems, tasks, and decisions.
- Ensures the timely and accurate internal and external communication of status, including risk assessment information for complex projects. Plans and executes the scheduled program updates with client, where appropriate. Ensures the project’s highest priorities (risks) receive the appropriate attention. Acts as catalyst/facilitator in the resolution of project issues and conflicts; escalates when necessary. Manages to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
- Reviews client deliverables for accuracy, pricing, and timeliness for complex implementations. Gathers project billing for approval in accordance with client contracts and department standards. Ensures the creation, management, and reporting of the project budget for FTE, travel, and all other revenue and expenses.
- Uses applicable project management tools to ensure acceptable project management or methodology practices are defined and followed for complex projects.
- Ensures key roles and responsibilities are defined, where appropriate, for complex projects. Ensures decision-making at the lowest level reasonable.
- Requires less frequent oversight with communications. Communications may involve formal and informal verbal presentations and/or written management reports or summaries to large groups and executives.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business, Finance, and IT
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Project Management experience
- PMP Certification, Black Belt certification, MS Project skills and experience with implementations in the credit card industry.
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways. Having ownership of a function, account or matrix management responsibilities, uses knowledge to ensure success, strengthen relationships, expand the business, and lead matrix teams on complex projects. Barriers to entry such as technical committee review may exist at this level.
- Job Complexity - Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Creates formal networks involving coordination among groups, both internal and external.
- Supervision - Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Negotiation Skills - Negotiates internally and externally regarding problem resolution
- Collaboration Skills - Collaborates with internal and external audiences