Cobham is seeking a Program Finance Senior Analyst. In this role you will be responsible for financial analysis and management of programs or contracts within a government contracts environment that are considered significant in value or of high risk to the organization. Successful candidates must possess leadership ability to advise Program Managers and a strong communicator of financial issues/risks to both financial and non-financial personnel. Tasks include but are not limited to actual cost verification, preparation of Estimates at Completion (EAC), variance analysis, revenue and profit forecasting and general support to the ProgramManagement as well as accounting teams.
- Proactively work with the Program Manager or Product Line Manager to successfully satisfy the programmatic and financial objectives of the organization; improve financial transparency and accuracy.
- Ensure program costs (labor, material and overhead) are accurately collected by maintaining charge numbers, monitoring actual charges and processing transfers when required
- Measure performance against established budgets
- Perform variance analysis and develop explanations and recommendations for corrective actions as needed
- Forecast periodic program revenue and profitability via analysis of cost timing and periodic estimate-at-completion (EAC) preparation
- Support Program Managers in developing performance recovery plans as required
- Preparation and support to monthly Program Reviews
- Support proposal preparation when necessary in accordance with company policy, customer requirements, and government regulations
- Monitor program revenue and profit recognition to minimize risk to the business.
- Analyze revenue and profit risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis for a group of programs
- Support audits of financial information by internal and external auditors
- Provide ad-hoc assistance, analysis and reporting as requested by management
- Analyzes and understands production costs, material estimates, services, performance requirements and delivery schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business related discipline
- Minimum of 4 years relevant experience, including experience in financial analysis
- Substantial knowledge of revenue recognition and profit analysis concepts and techniques
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong financial/business acumen
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must work well both individually and in a team environment
- Strong sense of commitment to meeting deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
- Advanced Excel techniques such as pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Experience and working knowledge of Earned Value Management
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of management
- Experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry or a manufacturing background
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)Ability to clearly present and articulate programfinancial information to management
- 6 years of Relevant experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.