General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Finance Manager to join the Program Finance group at General Atomics Aeronautical Systems located in Poway, Ca. This position is responsible for the planning, budgeting, and scheduling as well as the coordination of operational aspects for program Finance to ensure business and financial objectives are attained. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with the capacity to provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the development and coordination of operational plans, budgets, and schedules as well as manage the coordination of operational aspects for the Leasing/Other Services Program Finance team.
- Translate business priorities into implementable actions to achieve strategic goals. Identify and assess operational issues and consults with management to develop and implement solutions which meet planning schedules, quality objectives, and policies and procedures of the organization.
- Guide efforts to develop and improve operations through efficient and effective integrated processes, implementing common management processes/services to use organizational resources efficiently and effectively.
- Determines customer requirements and translates these requirements into organizational plans.
- Support financial analysis and reporting of cost and schedule performance utilizing Earned Value Management System (EVMS).
- Serve as liaison between program/project management, project teams and administrative service departments on matters of importance.
- Develop and coordinate operating procedures that are aligned with the strategic business and financial objectives of the organization.
- Conduct operational reviews of cost and service structures, productivity measures and delivery methods to achieve planned targets.
- Develop mechanisms for monitoring progress and for problem solving with program managers, project teams, and administrative services departments while developing solutions to meet budget, schedule, quality objectives, and company policies and procedures.
- Manage and participate in the recruitment, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management and professional talent needed to meet business objectives and organizational requirements.
- May be responsible for decisions that impact the unit where erroneous recommendations could cause schedule delays and allocation of additional resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors or Masters in business administration, finance, or a related field, along with eleven or more years of progressive project administration experience with at least five of the years managing those operations in an engineering or scientific environment.. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate detailed expertise of project planning and scheduling, as well as monitoring and reporting on these activities.
- Experience in organizational and operational problem resolution is required.
- Strong leadership, communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills are also required Ability to interpret and explain complex operational issues.
- Experience utilizing EVMS techniques as well as tools (MPM) to aid in guidance to analysts as well as familiarity with SAP/BI.
- Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment. Must also be able to work extended hours and travel as required.