At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. Our R&D team is looking for an ambitious and resourceful Program Engineer whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
In this highly visible role located at our Global Headquarters in Ewing, NJ, the successful candidate will lead product development projects from initiation through manufacture (launch). Responsibilities will include influencing and supporting Strategic Business Unit (SBU) decisions, resource allocation, budget tracking, process improvements and evolution, and project execution.
What you’ll do:
- Interfacing with SBU business leaders to plan, coordinate and execute agreed project assignments
- Manage appointed staff providing leadership and prioritization towards agreed objectives
- Execute projects within budgetary scope for commercialization of new or modified products.
- Use cross-technology experience and apply towards successful, new product launches
- Management of several complex projects with independence
- Coordinate with the department’s senior management to define and prioritize goals & objectives.
- Coordination of qualification programs for new product designs and materials
- Identify and coordinate cost savings initiatives as related to product designs and materials
- Travel to vendor and manufacturing locations for support of project activities
- Hands-on evaluation of concepts for conformance to project requirements.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in Mechanical, Packaging or other relevant engineering program
- 10+ years’ experience in product development of hard goods.
- Experience in product development for new product launches
- Management of departmental projects, resources and budget
- Coordination and completion of qualification programs of new products
- Identification and coordination of cost savings initiatives as related to designs and materials
- Successful completion of quality improvement initiatives
- Fully developed skills in project management and experienced, cross-functional interactions
- Understanding and experience with 6 sigma tools
- Experience across an array of with electro-mechanical consumer products.