The Program Director will lead business development and program management of GEOINT services, including the capture and execution of major contracts and individual task orders. The Program Director works within the National Security Market division of Woolpert and is primarily responsible for sales and sector growth through the establishment or improvement of client relationships within the National Security Market division of Woolpert. The Program Director also leads all project managers and technical resources assigned to projects within their portfolio.
The qualified individual will be capable of communicating and delivering the full spectrum of Woolpert's Geospatial Services as well as other Architecture and Engineering services to US Defense, Federal, and International commercial customers.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced individual with a strong understanding foundation level geospatial data and GEOINT, photogrammetry, and GEO production and analysis. The candidate will have an established professional network spanning Department of Defense, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (NGA), Department of State, NGO's, multi-lateral aid organizations, and other US and industry partners. Skills should include excellent public speaking skills, business development, project management, and a strong technical background in GIS and Photogrammetry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Builds and enhances existing client relationships to identify and initiate additional project opportunities within a client base for the service line, practice area and firm.
- Identifies and builds new client relationships that match the client and project type focus and overall business strategy of the service line and practice area.
- Promotes Woolpert as an industry leader for specified market/practice and service(s) with new and existing clients.
- Manage subcontractors on the team and add partners as required
- Lead the capture process on task orders and the development of task order proposals
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing and hiring of qualified candidates
- Develop Project Management Plans for task execution
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with enthusiasm and creativity
- Respond to direct tasking from the customer's Contracting Officer and the customer's Contracting Officer's Representatives (COR)
- Work with the COR to provide updates regarding contractor team activities, schedule and budget updates, and regular interfacing with government staff
- Manage staff working on projects both CONUS and OCONUS
- Oversee and assist with analyzing business and technical requirements
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Assist in the development of monthly progress reports detailing work performed, schedule of activities, and issues/concerns arising or potentially arising in the following month's efforts, submitted monthly
- Represent Woolpert at various US and international customer focused industry events
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Conduct travel within the U.S. and internationally as required
- Assure Woolpert staff and subcontractor staff expectations, duties, and collaborate with them on career growth
- Strong Technical and proposal writing skills
- Other duties may be assigned, as necessary
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution; Graduate degree is desired
- Experience: At least 10 years of project leadership experience; Established professional network;
- Computers: Microsoft Suite (Word, PP, Excel)
- US Passport: Required
- Extensive travel (domestic and international)
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of the assigned work unit
- Knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles
- Knowledge of organizational practices
- Knowledge of management practices and principles
- Skill in supervision, organization and training
- Skill in program development and execution
- Skill in coordinating activities, evaluating data and establishing priorities
- Skill in both verbal and written communication and presentation
- Ability to work independently.
- Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Certificates: PMP or similar Project Management Training/Certification
- Clearance: TS; with an Ability to Obtain a TS/SCI
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.