We are looking for an eager and willing individual to grow our team to compete for project work locally and to complement Woolpert’s existing capabilities throughout the Virginia and regional markets. This must an understanding of roadway design and drainage as well the hydrology and hydraulics to support watershed studies and other municipal infrastructure capital improvement projects. We seek a person with as a seller/doer, ability to build strong relationships, develop work with potential clients, and provide exceptional project delivery to clients.
- BS in Engineering or related degree and a minimum of 10+ years related experience, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or the ability to be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia within six months.
- Experience with DOT drainage, LOMR, CLOMR, Stormwater planning and design for roadways.
- Leadership, mentoring or team lead
- Familiar with Municipalities, Counties, and State DOT transportation and Federal markets
- Knowledge of H &H one- and two-dimensional modeling, SWMM and variants, FESWMM, HECRAS and others
- Experience with design of drainage systems and best management practices for water quantity and quality
- Must be familiar with various H&H models used in the Commonwealth of Virgina.
- Business development acumen within the Virginia water and transportation market including municipalities and VDOT.
- Selling engineering and consulting services by bringing on new local/state/federal government/agency clients.
- Providing support on project work and help sell additional services to existing clients.
- Continually recognized as an industry leader in transportation and drainage system design and evaluation.
- Strong technical proficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals.
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives.