The Program Director?is?the single point of?accountability,?empowered to ensure the program meets its success criteria as defined in the Business Case. Working within a strong matrix and as seasoned collaborator and influencer, the Program Director will?manage?all aspects of project/program planning and execution while ensuring the team’s alignment to prioritized scope. Overall, this position is accountable for connecting the business and the technical needs of the program, driving execution, establishing effective communication internally and externally, and have the customer experience firmly as their focus. Range of responsibilities include accountability for the delivery of a Portfolio of product releases with a portfoliobudget ranging from $5M to $30M.
- Able to apply superior leadership skills in managing large project teams and implementing project management practices across the teams.
- Able to lead and delegate decision-making to ensure the successful completion of all project and program deliverables.
- Comfortable interfacing at all levels of the company including mastery of executive communications.
- Ability to lead large-scale organization change initiatives.
- Leads strategic thinking, prioritization and tactical steps involved in daily operational opportunities to accomplish program assignment.
- Ensures Business Case clearly articulates business success measures.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with sponsors, functional leaders, projects teams, stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Highly skilled in negotiating, team building, and influencing others to achieve program goals.
- Proven success in matrixed management initiatives and ongoing processes that drive business outcomes.
- Serves as the primary escalation point for the program.
- Partners in the prioritization of tactical and strategic initiatives based on achieving goals, risks, impacts, resource availability and other relevant factors.
- Identifies and evaluates all scope and requirement changes to support the strategic direction and maintains documentation for future initiatives.
- Delivering the program and projects within budget and schedule.
- Identifies and manages all risks with viable and approved mitigation strategies.
- Ensures Core Team and executive leadership team are fully informed and engaged to support the success of the program.
- Solid understanding and proven track-record in application of PM knowledge areas and technical development processes and approaches.
- Proficient in functional areas and project management tools and methodologies.
- Coaches and mentors project management team members.
- Possesses sufficient domain and technical knowledge as to be credible leader for the team.
- Functions as a Servant Leader and process champion.
- Oversee monthly and quarterly Operational and Capitalization forecasting and accounting reconciliations.
- Tracks and reports program progress and financials again plan and budget.
- Identifies opportunities to celebrate the successful achievement of milestones.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Business, Technology and/or Computer-related field.
- 12 plus years of experience in Technology, Business, or Management role.
- Experience in Healthcare Information Technology Management, Business Intelligence, or Software Development preferred.
- Master’s Degree preferred.