The Program Director – Product Development is a member of the Network Development team and is directly responsible for the long-term growth of the assigned product lines. This individual is an integral team member of the business unit leadership team. The Program Director – Product Development will be expected to have a deep understanding of the business units, the competitive landscape, and the external forces impacting the business. This individual will also assist with the strategic planning and visioning for expanding new or changing programs and services and driving innovation through a unified market strategy. Responsibilities will include strategic business-plan presentations to the senior-most leaders of the organization, proforma and budget development, service portfolio analysis, stakeholder engagement and market performance monitoring. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or related field
- Five years’ experience in healthcare, business development, strategic planning and/or operations
- Three years leadership experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare, or related field (Preferred)
- Two years subject matter expertise in designated product line (Preferred)
- Proforma and business plan development (Preferred)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex information in understandable terms to all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals
- Refined presentation competencies and executive level communication capability
- Ability to quickly develop relationship to influence change and elicit action
- Ability to assess complex scenarios and make recommendations concerning matters of major importance to senior leaders
- Strong business acumen, intelligence, and capacity; able to think strategically and implement tactically.
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and deep subject matter expertise in assigned product line(s)
- Ability to accept responsibility for actions and results, with a drive to achieve and outperform, while continuously looking for improvements
- Working knowledge of project management, market research and data analytics
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
- Strategy development and long-term planning for designated product lines in collaboration with physicians, Institute leaders, and business unit leaders.
- Develop all business plans and provide oversight to the proforma process; ensure all parties are informed, approvals are received, and implementation is successful
- Drives all key stakeholders ensure accountability for timely and successful implementation of key initiatives
- Identify, manage and cultivate new revenue and/or partnership strategies and relationships to secure new business opportunities
- Directly responsible for ensuring all assigned product lines have aggressive growth strategies aimed to improve market share, profitability and/or long-term viability and that key stakeholders are engaged in the execution of those strategies.
- Directly interface with FHPN and FHMG physicians and senior leadership for physician alignment assuring financial stability and market growth
- Creates business case for new physician recruits to enhance and drive a Divisional product line strategy
- Serve as an active business partner with the ACS, IHS and Institute leadership teams in the strategic development and vision of assigned product lines
- Creates and tests alternate business models to allow for agility and responsiveness as market dynamics demand
- Establishes new strategic business models and/or joint ventures as appropriate to meet the changing demands of the healthcare market place and the specific product lines
- Responsibility to operate in a compliant manner particularly as it relates to our relationships with physicians.
- Stays informed of regulatory changes.
- Seeks guidance from legal or compliance teams as appropriate
- Indirect responsibilities to supportfinancial performance for assigned product lines
- Drives capital planning, proforma development and budgeting as it relates to new business ventures
- Helps to develop system-wide volume budgets as it relates to the assigned product lines across hospital and ambulatory business units
- Provides executive-level strategic planning support to the organization as it relates to key product lines. This includes key involvement in the annual planning cycle in addition to creating longer-range business plans.
- Responsible for maintaining innovative thinking related to product development and placement.
- Ensures FH service offerings are relevant, enhance the consumer and provider experience, and differentiators in the market.
- Maintains deep and current knowledge of competitive activity and industry trends Ensures strategies are in alignment with AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division One Plan.
- Ensures efficient and timely execution of development plans.
- Shares responsibility for product line volumes to ensure market success and viability through ongoing performance assessment
- Recognizes deficiencies and addresses through cross-departmental work plans and influence; pivots strategies appropriately
- Represents the AdventHealth mission and brand.
- Is an active member in their community.
- Maintains industry relationship relevant to designated product lines
- • At times will have supervisory oversight of Development Managers based on designated product line needs.