This position is divided with 50% dedicated to the residency program and 50% dedicated to clinical practice. The Program Director (PD) is responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the internal medicine postdoctoral residency program to ensure high quality education with a comprehensive curriculum. This individual has the authority and accountability for the operations of the program and ensuring that all training meets accreditation standards for the specialty, with the assistance of the Chief Resident, Program Coordinator, and/or Associate PD. The PD is expected to support and actively promote McLaren Health Care Corporation’s mission to be the best value in health care as defined by quality outcomes and cost.
- Must possess the internal medicine expertise, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities to carry out the responsibilities ofthe role and to achieve the goals and objectives of the program and ACGME Residency Review compliance.
- AOBIM or ABIM boarded Physician.
- Demonstrated clinical competency as a practicing physician.
- Five years experience in a teaching faculty role in an Accredited InternalMedicine Residency Program.
- Three years of Graduate Medical Education administrative experience prior to appointment.
- Must be, or become, a member in good standing to the McLaren Flint medical staff.
- Must have unrestricted credentials within the Department of InternalMedicine of McLaren Flint, or have the appropriate qualifications for such credentials.
- Must be licensed to practice medicine by the State of Michigan