$80K — $100K *
Program Director, IDD Services
Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Rosa
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at Cornerstone Living Skills , a partner of California MENTOR and The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
As a Program Director with Cornerstone Living Skills , a partner of California MENTOR , you'll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in an intermediate care facility (ICF). We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support. In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Assurance and Human Resources team. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we'll train you on the rest.
Do you have leadership experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and you're looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people's lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
• Develop and maintain quality services and engaging activities that meet the individuals needs
• Manages the day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
• Interview and select talented staff. Lead, develop and inspire team providing on-going performance coaching
• Writes and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
• Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided
• Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
• Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies
If you have leadership experience and a passion for those we serve... we want to hear from you!
What we require of you:
• Bachelor's degree in a human services related field required
• One year of work experience with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
• One year of experience in management in a human services related field
• Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
• Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients' rights are upheld
• High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
• Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check, as well as a physical examination and TB test
• Emergency on call availability nights and weekends
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
• A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
• Annual bonus plan
• A rewarding work environment
• Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
• Time Off & Holiday Pay
• Family-oriented environment, casual dress
• Employee discounts; fun employee events
• Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
• On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
• Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
• Mileage reimbursement
Bring the right attitude; we'll train you for success!
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Valid through: 8/13/2020