DescriptionAs a Program Director with California MENTOR, you'll be one of those extraordinary people. This position supports those we serve in two residential homes serving individuals who are elderly and who have medical or behavioral complexities. We seek a passionate leader who can successfully direct program staff to provide high quality services to individuals we support.
In this role you will manage the day-to-day operations with the support of your Area Director, Quality Improvement and Human Resources team.
The Program Director, RCFE, is responsible to manage the services delivered, in the state of California, to a designated program or set of programs, and the operation of programs including organization and implementation of direct supports, person-centered planning and implementation, health care, advocacy, stakeholder relations, regulatory compliance, staffing, training, financial management and maintenance of the physical environment.
- Manages the implementation of program planning; monitors delivery of services and supports; ensures services are consistent, engaging and relevant to the individuals served.
- Manages the day to day operations in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Oversees implementation of human resource practices including recruitment, retention, training, scheduling, processing, record keeping, and management of program employees; Manages the direct or indirect staff members of the program including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training.
- Lead, develop and inspire team providing on-going performance coaching
- Makes recommendations and/or decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities
- Writes and implements Individual Service Plans (ISP); ensures on-going communication with planning team
- Financial responsibility in the following areas: operational budget, time-keeping and billing for services provided, Monitors staffing hours for budgetary compliance.
- Oversees implementation of individual health care planning; implements strategies to limit illness or serious incident; oversees and reviews health care documentation
- Builds and maintains relationships with families, Regional Centers, and regulatory agencies
- Oversees environmental safety program; establishes preventive maintenance schedule; Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of the program's facilities and vehicles
- Prepares incident reports for both internal and external agencies.
What we require of you:
- Bachelor's degree in a human services related field preferred
- Three or more years of experience working with special populations and one or more years of supervisory experience
- LVN/LPT licensure or clinical experience highly desirable
- Strong background in overseeing intensive services for people with severe maladaptive behaviors
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical and supervisory training and direction to professional and paraprofessional staff
- Demonstrated success in a leadership role
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain meaningful relationships
- Ability to coordinate activities and services to meet the on-going needs of individuals served
- Strong follow through to ensure quality services, regulations and clients' rights are upheld
- High energy, goal-oriented, and an ability to inspire people
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must hold Administrator's License or the ability to obtain license
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement.