Program Director - FM Station
5 - 7 years experience •
his is a career-defining opportunity for anexperienced Program Director to make the step up to the Number One Market, New York City! This is not an entry level position.
Full-time Program Director for 95.5 PLJ (WPLJ-FM). The successful candidate will provide vision and direction for the legendary New York City station, work closely with on-air talent and meet Cumulus’ goals by maximizing ratings and digital metrics. The program director is also responsible for scheduling, imaging, station strategy and developing revenue generating promotions and supporting the company's sales and marketing teams.
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a program director with a proven track record in a mid-to-large competitive radio market
• Ability to create, implement, and manage the sound, image, music, brand, and standards of 95.5 PLJ through all distributionchannels to reach and exceed goals for ratings, revenue, and profitability
• Ability to successfully coach, direct, develop, appraise and motivate on-air talent to maximize their performance
• Ability to develop digital and social strategies that are as engaging as on-air tactics and execution
• Ability to work closely with all parts of the company's operations, including sales, digital media, management and sister broadcast stations
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise manner so game plan is flawlessly executed
• Ability to deliver unique content that attracts the target demo, builds ratings and grows terrestrial and digital audience.
• Familiarity with social media platforms and how to use them to drive ratings, site traffic and grow followers
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to work closely with the sales team to develop and enhance client relationships and revenue
• A strong understanding of PPM / Nielsen Ratings and ability to interpret various kinds of research
• Ability to work closely with marketing team to develop contests, promotions and big events to raise brand profile
• Skilled with music scheduling software
• Deep knowledge of music, pop culture and current events and how they relate to the station’s target demo
• Have and build great relationships in the music / entertainment community with a deep contact list
• Great organization and people skills with ability to multi-task
• Ability to lead in a calm and decisive manner
• Proven track record of ratings success and talent development
• Ensure operation of station in accordance with FCC regulations and policies