The Program Director routinely interfaces with executive corporate clients, senior university faculty, Kellogg Executive Education staff and other Executive Education professionals for the development and delivery of premier executive education programs for the Kellogg School of Management. The Program Director leads the development and delivery of custom programs for domestic or international, small to medium sized corporate clients, professional associations and university based programs.
Additionally, the Program Director directly supports faculty Academic Directors or Senior Program Directors in the design and delivery of custom programs for strategic partners, top tier corporate clients, highly complex programs and multi-module programs.
While primarily focused on the development and delivery of custom executive education programs, the Program Director will provide expertise and support to open-enrollment and online executive education programs or other executive education program related initiatives as required.
Please note: Occasional nights and weekends.
- Responsible for the overall design and experience architecture of the program; ensures the program design meets clients learning needs and objectives.
- Interacts in a leading or supporting role with corporate, professional association or university based clients seeking custom executive education programs. Frequently interfaces with C-suite executives, senior level Human Resource (HR) and Learning and Development (L&D) executives or senior client sponsors.
- Interprets and translates client learning needs into specific learning objectives for customized programs.
- Is highly knowledgeable of faculty expertise; collaborates with numerous Kellogg and Northwestern University faculty to align subject matter expertise with clients learning needs and objectives. Provides guidance to faculty on the selection of cases and other program related materials.
- Prepares executive guest speakers and practitioners for teaching, speaking or participation in panels to maximize connection with executive education program audiences.
- Collaborates with Kellogg’s Business Development Team on the development of client proposals, contractual arrangements and relationship management.
- Provides faculty with company, organization and participant profiles to help them prepare for and connect with various executive audiences.
- Leads or supports overall program delivery (on or offsite); routinely coordinates with clients, faculty and Executive Education Program Managers.
- Assures high visibility interaction with executive level participants. Engages participants through daily individual interactions and large group, front of the classroom public speaking. Shapes participants expectations through program overviews, daily schedules reviews, and faculty and guest speaker introductions, learning connections and learning reflection.
- Develops high quality presentations to support program delivery.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager to ensure high quality program delivery and world-class customer experience.
- Responsible for communication with faculty regarding the program’s audience to ensure they are aware of topics of discussion or emergent themes.
- Provides leadership and represents Kellogg and Northwestern University at program activities and special events, such as off-site visits, dinners, sports outings etc with executive education clients.
- Oversees post program After Action Reviews (AARs) and reviews program evaluations and feedback with the client in a timely manner.
- Shares participant feedback with the faculty in a timely manner.
- Identifies program modifications of content, format, and faculty to enhance future sessions.
- Interprets program evaluations and feedback, including identifying and supporting methodologies for determining the ROI of professional development initiatives.
- Researches and assesses external executive development resources such as coaches, speakers, learning technologies, assessments, and tools.
- Stays current with changes in the Executive Education Industry.
- Benchmarks executive education competitors.
- Research’s and identifies potential guest speakers, company visits and other program resources.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, Executive Education.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in executive development or related professional development field.
- Familiarity with business education, corporate training and development, or the equivalent.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to develop educational programs
- Proven record of client relationship management.
- Analytical, problem solving skills, decision making skills, organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, ability to work independently and as a team.