- Posted: August 31, 2019
- Richmond, VA, USA
- Chesapeake, VA, USA
- Virginia Beach, VA, USA
- Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA
- Fairview Heights, IL, USA
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Dayton, OH, USA
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- Arlington, VA, USA
- Columbia, SC, USA
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Tampa, FL, USA
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Miami, FL, USA
- Orlando, FL, USA
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. Because of our growth, we are seeking an experienced Program Director – Energy. This position can be based anywhere in the Eastern US there is a Woolpert office (http://woolpert.com/contact-us/)
Our Program Directors identify new client opportunities, lead and facilitate the entire sales-cycle through procurement, and direct tactical implementation of operational and capture planning strategies. This is a role that serves as Principal Consultant and Subject Matter Expert on complex programs and projects with a strong client focus. The Program Director will lead project managers and technical teams to execute successful projects and programs. The Program Director is a critical thinker with industry knowledge and network, who will lead and direct growth in Woolpert's Energy Market.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement growth strategies (in collaboration with internal teams), participate in business meetings, and continually evaluate existing operating procedures to increase margin and revenue.
- Manage contract development and the negotiations process with new and existing large, complex clients.
- Understand financial models and data analytics to assess areas of growth and development of opportunities.
- Assist with budget development and provide support for new/existing growth initiatives.
- Responsible for client retention, proactive client management and opportunity development in collaboration withinternal teams.
- Be a champion for growth with field personnel and through participation/leadership with technical teams and any subsequent projects.
- Actively assessing and developing new growth opportunities through expansions to new clients, markets, acquisitions, and new solution offerings.
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients.
- Coordinate with other Program Directors to share best practices.
- Demonstrated excellence in managing cross-functional teams including project managers, technical leaders and support staff
- 7+ years of related work experience leading management consulting initiatives with external clients, driving new business and delivery oversight within the Energy market
- Experience and established network within the Gas and Electric Utility industry, Oil and Gas industry, Mining and/or renewable energy industry are preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Geospatial, Engineering or other related area required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree in Geospatial, Engineering, Business or related area preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong working knowledge of energy operations, processes and business practices
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
- Strong understanding of market dynamics and requirements.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Proven sales ability and motivation to drive results.
- Ability to negotiate and mitigate risk related to business development agreements.
- Ability to quickly analyze issues, prepare comprehensive analysis and recommend solutions and alternatives for identifying/solving specific issues.
- Highly motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present effectively to diverse audiences.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior exposure to BIM/CAD/GIS software is a plus
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business information.
- Must be able to travel up to 30-50% as needed to client sites