The Program Director for the Community Schools and Youth Development (CSYD) department is a high-impact leadership role responsible for management and supervision of expanded day programs, summer programs, and holiday camps – providing support to all programs involving primary-aged students in the assigned Educational Alliance Community School. The Program Director works from a strengths-based, solutions-focused perspective to design, implement, and refine programming that meets the educational, social and emotional needs of the children served. The Program Director works closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and maintain a high-quality, student centered program that uses data to test promising ideas and generate best practices. The Program Director serves as a member of Educational Alliance's CSYD Leadership Council.
· Cultivate a love for and culture of learning among students, staff, and families.
· Develop and direct all aspects of expanded day, holiday and summer programs, for up to 300 students.
· Supervise day-to-day functions of all site-based programs.
· Proactively integrates Social Emotional Learning in all program aspects.
· Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, supervision and coaching for direct reports.
· Ensure that the goals for all contracts related to expanded day programs (i.e. after school and extended learning time), holiday programs and summer programs are aligned with the school's outcomes (e.g. the school's Comprehensive Educational Plan) and Educational Alliances strategic plan (e.g. CSYD Logic Model, Key Performance Indicators and Fiscal Drivers).
· Conduct data analysis via multiple sources to understand trends, obtain feedback, integrates student voice in programming, and responds to family needs.
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
· Demonstrated passion for the mission, vision, and core values of Educational Alliance.
· Life-long learners who see the potential in every child and can help children see the potential in themselves.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good judgment, and an ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative environment.
· A commitment to thinking outside of the box – dedication to creativity, innovation and fun.
· Strong program management skills.
· A sense of ownership over the programs that drive efficiency and excellence in all aspects of work.
· Commitment to District #1, always working to understand the challenges, opportunities and needs of the community.
· Excellent communication and relationship-building skills are essential.
· Belief that parents and families are important stakeholders in their children's social, emotional and academic growth -- recognizing them assets in developing and implementing positive youth development programs.
· Ability to work seamlessly between high-level strategy and detail-oriented work.
· Ability to work well under pressure and keep track of multiple projects/deadlines.
· Passion for driving innovation, disrupting the status quo, trying new approaches, and tackling problems from many angles to find creative solutions.
· 3-5 years of work experience in program management preferred, but all outstanding candidates will be considered.
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
· Appropriate background checks and clearances.
· Light lifting may be required (up to 20 lbs.).